I've got some big ideas for a noob!

M

mallen9564

Okay everyone, I'm completely new. I already had a relay board and everything from a project a while back and when I figured out that the video circulating youtube could actually be something I could do, I was so excited! Anyways, I downloaded Vixen and everyhting works, I've even tested some sequences. I have an 8 channel parallel board a Kit 74, which apparently is farirly common. I have a base system setup on a Win98SE with a pentium 233 MMX. (It works...) This is connected to a wireless router via ethernet that I have dedicated solely for Christmas lights. This is what I want to do:
1. I want to be able to turn off and on the christmas lights remotely
2. I want to be able to start and stop a sequence remotely
3. Basically I want remote access to my christmas lights
To make a long plan short. I want to be able to stand out in the driveway with my laptop or palm and control my lights and sequences over a wireless network. Secured of course! Thanks so much for the help, I can't wait to see what happens!

welcome aboard.

Well vixen has all the above so have fun .
You will need to set up the vixen server/client
and you can control remotely.

Oh tight! Where can I find how to set this up? Would I be able to control it from a Mac Laptop? I'd like to be able to do that, but if I have to I guess I can use the Vista portion on my MacBook. Thanks so much!

or you could just setup a remote desktop application, such as Log Me In, and control the show pc. Thats how a few of us do it, its easier that way for me.

The remote client app. in Vixen was put in there to coordinate displays. The way you intend to use it is sort of an off shoot of its intended purpose.

can someone point me in the right place to do this? I have a linksys wireless router that I can also didicate since my dad upgradeed to wireless N.

Ben

Back