J channel size for mounting pixels permanently to eaves

EE351

Hello all,

For those of you that have mounted pixels permanently to your eaves, what width of j channel did you use? Also, what would you have done differently or lessons learned during your installation?

I plan on ordering some vinyl j channel and bullet pixels soon. I want to make sure I order the correct size.

Thanks in advance.

ditto. I also use 5/8". A bit challenging to drill and pop the pixels in but I am more than happy with the slim, nearly hidden look once installed on the house.

I can think of 2 things I would do different next time around.

Most importantly, start drilling at the right spot! I went with 3" spacing and like a moron made the first hole 3" from the edge. I wound up having to clip the ends off to maintain the 3" spacing when they were butted together. I also lost a hole with pixel so had to hide the last pixel on the string behind the J-Track. Now I have 8 "modified" pieces with a null pixel in each. What a pita! Always start your first hole at half the distance you use for spacing.

Second, if you are picking up your J-track at the local store take an old sock with you. I bought a dozen and tied them to the roof rack. On the drive home the wind kept catching the front and bending the pieces back. A sock over the front facing end will keep those pieces in place and prevent them from being damaged.

Back