K32 and K16 Kulp Board Mounting

algerdes

Supporting Member
Building new controller boxes. In three places, we are using Kulp boards because they have the Falcon Player (loaded on Beagle Bone Blacks) on board.

With other controllers, it is a simple matter of some nylon standoffs under the board and then screwing them to the base board. With the Kulp 16 and Kulp 32, for some unknown reason, the Beagle Bone Blacks are mounted on the underside of the board. This is turning into a bit of a bother.

What I am looking for are ideas as to mount them within a box. So far I've had to created a "stand off" that is over 3/4" tall. Not the best method.

Does anyone have examples of how you mounted the K32 or K16?
Thanks in advance.

What did you do to mount the K16 to the mounting plate? I am a little perplexed as to where to put the mounting screws because of the Beaglebone Black.

I use PCB spacers, which work beautifully. Something like these:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...jUC2vWYD7ndz-nz_nDfVE0ZUXCOAjx9MaAmxSEALw_wcB

The spacers are threaded on the inside on both ends. So a screw will go through the thru-holes on the Kulp, and on into the spacer. And another screw goes through--whatever your mounting surface is on the other side, and into the spacer on the other end. The screws give you a little slack, so you can make it space just the right height.

Back