LED Light Supplier - China

The reason why I ask how much he have payed is because I have got a offer for 386 100 led/10 m strings for only US$820 with shipping to Denmark

fj,

it doesn't look like there is any silicon under the shrink wrap

Barbotte,

The supplier i used was mysolarled.com
and the contact was Tam Kelly.

Hi Dave

I'm pretty sure that those are siliconed, if you look at the LED wire there is a line of silicone running the length of the LED and the Wire, this will stop any of the corrosion that I experienced

Well done

The reason why I ask how much he have payed is because I have got a offer for 386 100 led/10 m strings for only US$820 with shipping to Denmark

Where did you get the quote from and have you got a sample, US820 for 386 strings is very good, thats around US2.13

You didn't actually give the details of the manufacturer in that thread, in fact said you would not share those details. Still unwilling to share?

Where did you get the quote from and have you got a sample, US820 for 386 strings is very good, thats around US2.13

goldie, be careful with these lights. according to CL's linked post they are 240Vac, which are illegal to use outside in Aus (I am pretty sure). not to mention dangerous, i certainly wouldn't want 240Vac running through my front yard.

cheers, fj

Hi all,

my order consisted of a range of colours white, blue, red, green, yellow, purple and pink, also they were ordered in a range of lengths, from 2.5 m (7 1/2 foot) through to a couple of icicle strings with 525 leds. Yes shipping is expensive at $676 USD and the lights coming in just under $1000 USD. I may have said this before, but i found it extremely hard to find coloured leds in australia. just with the shipping, there is a good chance that this order will be approx 90 kg and will be sent via express and recieved within a week of being delivered i can't ask for more than that. Average cost per string $11.50 USD under $15 AUD. You be hard pressed finding a set of white LED string for that price in australia let alone anyother colour. so from my point of view this has been a great exercise. when they show up will add to this thread...approx three weeks from today.

Dave

You didn't actually give the details of the manufacturer in that thread, in fact said you would not share those details. Still unwilling to share?

No that is right, I do no know if I may for the seller, tell you which supplier it is, I have to ask him ;)

goldie, be careful with these lights. according to CL's linked post they are 240Vac, which are illegal to use outside in Aus (I am pretty sure). not to mention dangerous, i certainly wouldn't want 240Vac running through my front yard.

cheers, fj

Yes fj these led light is 230 VAC

I do not know if you have that kind of rule about that you may not have 230 VAC christmas light in your garden ?, but I know that there in our rule fully country you may, and I do not have a problem with it, because 240 VAC can be much as dangerous as 24 VAC, it is the Amp you have to look at ;)

Another thing is that this company also have 24 VDC lights but they is a more expensive than the 240 VAC

cheers, fj

Thanks for the heads up fj, looks as though Dave's supplier might be the way to go, I've got a few links in transport, i'll have a look at what can be done over the next month or so.

Sorry all,

My lights are all 24 V DC and come with no transformer etc. The other thing was i did see a set of fj's lights that aussiephil was testing at the melbourne mini and they looked near on same as the ones i have. I'm not sure how much fj is paying but i continued with mysolarled.com because i had already made contac with them ( i think fj's lights were a little cheaper)

Thanks

Dave

Sorry all,

My lights are all 24 V DC and come with no transformer etc. The other thing was i did see a set of fj's lights that aussiephil was testing at the melbourne mini and they looked near on same as the ones i have. I'm not sure how much fj is paying but i continued with mysolarled.com because i had already made contac with them ( i think fj's lights were a little cheaper)

Thanks

Dave

I support Dave on this one, I've been in contact with mysolarled.com and the customer service is just awesome considering its a China based company. And they always keep me informed of progress on a order and upcoming events that may slow production (ie Chinese holidays).

Inital impressions from the sample are quite good.

mysolarled wanted $55(USD) to ship one sample.
forget it
the Chinese stuff would be fine if it didn't cost more to ship it then the item itself.

slyfox04: you mentioned that you have "6 leaping arches(2x3 Mirrors, B\W)" what do you mean mirrors?

thank you

slyfox04: you mentioned that you have "6 leaping arches(2x3 Mirrors, B\W)" what do you mean mirrors?

thank you

Three arches, big-med-small small-med-big. The arches are just going to be wired together so you run the first 3 and have a corresponding arch on the other side run as well.

I tend yo agree with you there about cost of the sample, I could of got 10 sets for the price of postage. Then again the postage cost seems to be standard across the board with most places charging around $38 for express/tracked postage to Australia.

One of the problems we have in Australia is there is limited coloured leds to choose from. We get the standard blue, white and only recently red and green. From what i have ssen there are a lot more outlets and discounts on lights in the U.S.
It has been a cost efective solution for me to add some different colours to my display, and hopefully have something different to other people in my neighbourhood.

Thanks
Dave

One of the problems we have in Australia is there is limited coloured leds to choose from. We get the standard blue, white and only recently red and green. From what i have ssen there are a lot more outlets and discounts on lights in the U.S.
It has been a cost efective solution for me to add some different colours to my display, and hopefully have something different to other people in my neighbourhood.

Thanks
Dave

Definitely Dave, the limitation of available colors makes it hard to distinguish your display from others aswell as keeping the costs low.

I ordered and have received my 120 sets(traditional colors, rgbw), quite happy and hyped to see my first show in action.

Great to hear Jared, i'm running way behind with my display and may have to leave out some items. The problem i have is i work away from home and only home for 5 days a fortnight, so i don't have a great deal of time when i do get hame. Maybe some allnighters coming up.:eek:

Great to hear Jared, i'm running way behind with my display and may have to leave out some items. The problem i have is i work away from home and only home for 5 days a fortnight, so i don't have a great deal of time when i do get hame. Maybe some allnighters coming up.:eek:

I'm struggling to find time for everything, I completely underestimated the overall work involved in the LEDTriks, but every day it gets closer to completion.

I have my work cut out for me being a 1st year haha.

Back