LEDTRIKs Controller Chip Supplier in Australia

wjohn

Hi,

As many of you would be aware, I have been producing PCBs for the GRINCH and LEDTRIKs projects. I spoke to an Australian local supplier today, who would be prepared to stock Allegro controller chips for us, as long as I buy a heap to get started.

The supplier is:

Analog Electronic Components P/L
38 Maylands Crescent
Glen Waverley, Victoria 3150
Australia
+613-9562-0947
analog@analog.com.au

The IC controller is the Allegro A6279EA-T , a 24pin DIL IC. If you are interested in buying ICs locally in Australia, please drop AMC a line and let them know you would like to have a local provider and save the airmail.

John.

I think they will want me to place an order of $100.00 worth to get the ball rolling.

John,

Is that about a hundred chips? Or to ask the question more directly are they about a buck a chip (and what currency)? I would buy some especially if that next grinch coop goes through.

Shawn

hey Shawn,

Just to get a provider, I would be prepared to buy a stash. For those who are having troubles getting the chips, I would be prepared to send you all some (at cost and postage), and for the next COOP on LEDTRIKs it may be best to include the ICs with the boards. Save everyone from chasing a supplier.

John.

wjohn said:
hey Shawn,

Just to get a provider, I would be prepared to buy a stash. For those who are having troubles getting the chips, I would be prepared to send you all some (at cost and postage), and for the next COOP on LEDTRIKs it may be best to include the ICs with the boards. Save everyone from chasing a supplier.

John.

I think that is a great Idea. I still would buy some so you didnt have to handle the whole burden. The problem here wasn't cost, it was availability.

Shawn

I'll definately take some of the chips John. I need 8 for the Grinch controllers here to start with

I have a Ledtriks pcb that I am trying to populate but I cant find one of the ICs. I need the A6279EA-T-ND Allegro A6279. Digi-Key doesnt have any in stock. The MBI (MBI5027-GNi) doesnt even show up on Digi-Key or Mouser.

There is another part in the Digikey catalog that I think may work - the ST STP16C596. It's a bit pricey, and others may want to verify that it will work.

--

Phil

wjohn said:
I think they will want me to place an order of $100.00 worth to get the ball rolling.

John, I've just sent an email to Analog. Have you done any follow-up or had any feedback from Analog regarding initial order quantities required?

I also made an enquiry at www.dlpc.com.au

My LED's should arrive shortly, so I'm keen to get my other parts sorted out.

Cheers

Back