light covers and clips

Why don't you just order from them? The clips work great. I've used them for years. Plus Val and Gary are great supporters of our community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I might, I was just checking on other's opinions before I do. I am still weighing all my options (have to decide on the light types to buy first as well).

I was originally going to go with LED rope light and then paint the sections the different colors, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that commercial 5mm LED lights with covers might be an easier approach (though more costly because of the LED costs). So that is why I am investigating it now.

Jason, Do you have any pixels in your display now? You could use xLights to create a custom model and define each pixel's color instead of mechanically changing the color.

Jason, Do you have any pixels in your display now? You could use xLights to create a custom model and define each pixel's color instead of mechanically changing the color.
I do have pixels (I have one matrix), but I have to imagine that the cost of doing it for my wireframe would be double or triple the cost (though I haven't actually done the math yet). It is one of those over the driveway arches like this: http://www.christmasdonebright.com/lighted-displays/santa/NORTH-POLE-ARCH-LED_2, so A LOT of pixels would be needed.

I got lucky and someone gave me the frame for free when they were moving. They never did anything with it and had it sitting under a trailer rusting the whole time. Sadly, they bought only the frame, so that I why I am trying to figure out how I want to light it up. The rope lights seemed like the best approach, but I am concerned about all the tight bends and cutting on set intervals. It might be easier to just go with M5 LEDs and put caps on them to color them...

Yep, you are probably right. That would be a lot of pixels and probably more complicated that would have to be.

Back