Looking for Charity to donate light show to

I have a very large light show, approx 12 to 14 San Device's E682's multiple Renard boards SS8's SS 16' SS24'S all in working order most in boxes. All 682's have power supplies. 32 strips 114 pixels mounted in James strips. 64 strips with 55 pixels each plus lots of spares and new pixels I haven't even used yet. All smart nodes.Also I have 10's of thousand of LED, and Incandecent lights. Mega tress and much more. Over all I have invested upwards of 8 to 10 thousand dollars in this show. I have a job change and have to relocate. Obviously whoever gets these are going to have to have someone qualified to design, setup and maintain he show.

I am about blessing someone and not profiting. If you have ties to a non profit that would benefit from donations raised from a light show and can give me a receipt from a verified 501 3 and are willing to come to Tallahassee Florida to pick it up PM me. It will take at least a 20' truck. Who Ver agrees must take everthing, no piece mill.

What about seeking out a local VFW post. I am sure they could use the gear or would find someone who could.

If you have a local Fisher House Foundation location, maybe contact them. Sure would raise the spirits of the soldiers and families staying there for treatment.

And if the military thing isn't your cup of tea, look for a Childeren's Hospital in your area that would appreciate some donations. Can you imagine them lighting up their courtyard for the kids in the hospital? Man.

What about seeking out a local VFW post. I am sure they could use the gear or would find someone who could.

If you have a local Fisher House Foundation location, maybe contact them. Sure would raise the spirits of the soldiers and families staying there for treatment.

And if the military thing isn't your cup of tea, look for a Childeren's Hospital in your area that would appreciate some donations. Can you imagine them lighting up their courtyard for the kids in the hospital? Man.

Wolfie all are great ideas but you don't just turn over such a large light show without having someone capable of setting it up and running it for them. None of this gear is older than 1 year old and most of the 1/4 million lights are not even out of the box. This was meant to be a fund raiser for a large non profit that is no longer in existence.

I want to make sure everyone understands the magnitude of my offer, I'm looking for someone who has been wanting to do a large display but does not have the cash. If you have a church or even someone like Teen Challenge this would be a great fundraiser for them. There is over $10,000 worth of goods here waiting to bless someone. I can't just hand it off to a charity as they would not be able to utilize it to its full potential. I'm sure if I put it up for sale my inbox would be flooded. Last years display had 1 20 foot mega tree with 3680 2811 pixels on it, 2 15 foot Mega's with 1760 pixels each, 2 12 foot trees and 2 8 foot trees all with pixels. On top of that I had another 40 trees with led's. Last year after Christmas we bought another 50 thousand plus led's. This is a serious show that will take a strong team to pull off a great show.

Reach out to the Make-A-Wish foundation. The first light show I saw was put together by someone affiliated with them. They specialize in putting smiles on the faces of sick children. If that isn't a noble cause, nothing else is...

I don't know what your requirements are for donating your show. But I am a member of the Knights of Columbus here in New Jersey and we are a registered 501C3 and would LOVE to build a show for our church and community.

I would have to get some more details on what you would need to do this, but would again would love to make this work.

Thanks,
-Nick

Wolfie all are great ideas but you don't just turn over such a large light show without having someone capable of setting it up and running it for them. None of this gear is older than 1 year old and most of the 1/4 million lights are not even out of the box. This was meant to be a fund raiser for a large non profit that is no longer in existence.

I completely understand that. I certainly didn't mean just drop a package on their doorstep like a orphan baby in a basket for heavens sake. I was saying CONTACT them. See if they have someone there who could do it and would do it. They might have someone or know someone capable but perhaps they may not have the funds to buy the hardware or perhaps didn't think about the idea. There are a lot of electronics rated techs who may be staying at a fisher house or may be at a VFW post. And a children's hospital may well have an electrician on staff.

I just wish it was closer to up here. I am betting that the school my graddaughters go to might let me convince them to go for it. The school is a block long, mostly grass area along a street. I would say thats real estate enough. But sadly you are 900mi away and shipping would be a nightmare.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...8dc1d186c4eabf0!8m2!3d42.971751!4d-87.9058608

Sounds like thats the sort of place you need to find. Somewhere with enough room for the show and someome willing to throw down to set it up.

Back