Looking for info on Webstores

rstehle

My wife would like to create a Website, and incorporate a Webstore. I currently use 1 & 1 for my Christmas website, but we aren't necessarily locked in to that for her. Looking for some advice on which provider you feel is the easiest to use, and who may have the easiest Webstore to run - also relative costs for them (Webstores).
Thanks,
Randy

Randy, I'm using Prestashop and I generally like it. It's provided as an included option with my hosting plan so at no additional cost, the price is right. It'd probably be a good thing if I spent time learning how the shipping and sales tax functions work but there's only so much time in the day for me and for the small number of products I have, including the shipping and tax considerations (if any) into the pricing is just a lot simpler. There are many layout designs available; most can be purchased, and going on the cheap, I'm just using things that are built into the basic, free package.

Randy, I'm using Prestashop and I generally like it. It's provided as an included option with my hosting plan so at no additional cost, the price is right. It'd probably be a good thing if I spent time learning how the shipping and sales tax functions work but there's only so much time in the day for me and for the small number of products I have, including the shipping and tax considerations (if any) into the pricing is just a lot simpler. There are many layout designs available; most can be purchased, and going on the cheap, I'm just using things that are built into the basic, free package.

Thanks Dirk! Anyone else want to share?

Thanks Dirk! Anyone else want to share?

I've had success with "Shopp" if you use Wordpress. It isn't free, but works pretty well and integrates with quite a few payment systems. The site I have it running on will be shut down per request of the owner (mother-in-law) and will redirect to her eBay store otherwise I'd post a link. That, and it's completely unrelated to DIYC and I don't want to self promote.

In any event, if you're using wordpress, the plugin is here: https://shopplugin.net/

My store is done with Zen-Cart. It is free with lots of free support. However there are many full commercial support options out there as well.

Back