looking for Pentatonix sequence

-bernard-

Supporting Member
I have been looking around but could not find one so I thought I would post and ask this forum if any of you would have a sequence from Pentatonix to share. It would be awesome!
Preferably "Mary did you know" but I'll be happy with any other of their Christmas songs.
Thanks!

I have a 24 Ch Vixen 3 Mary Did You Know and Little Drummer Boy if you want. PM me your email and I can send the sequences.

Re: looking for Pentatonix sequence... and Shake up Christmas from Train

Hi,

is there anyone else who might be able to help by any chance? The sequences that Ctravis kindly wanted to share with me are Vixen 3 ones and I am running 2.1. I have also been looking for Shake up Christmas from Train but can't find it either so if anyone has something I could work from, I'll greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hey Bernard,

I have both Vixen 3 and 2.1. If you want send me the sequence and I will try and convert it over for you.

You might try posting over in the LOR site forums the request as well. A fellow or two over there actually run some sites where dozens if not hundreds of sequences are available in a variety of counts of channels. Mary did you know may make it on my list this coming year, but working on Pentatonix's little drummer boy is in my que first.

Using LSP however, but nearly done just doing a beat track for the Dub Step Carol of the Bells song, then will put it aside for a while for the next one in my que to do a beat track for. Going to go through all my new songs for a beat track first and then come back into them later when I am not sick of listening to them for hundreds of times to put a background on them, then come back in and do the elements and other fancier stuff when XL4, Lightshow pro etc have stabilized their new releases this summer. But the massive amount of the work will have been completed this winter and spring for next years show.

Hey Bernard,

I have both Vixen 3 and 2.1. If you want send me the sequence and I will try and convert it over for you.

It turned out that ctravis actually was able to get me the 2.1 version before Christmas. I really appreciate the offer to help though...I may take a raincheck!
Thanks again.

You might try posting over in the LOR site forums the request as well. A fellow or two over there actually run some sites where dozens if not hundreds of sequences are available in a variety of counts of channels. Mary did you know may make it on my list this coming year, but working on Pentatonix's little drummer boy is in my que first.

Using LSP however, but nearly done just doing a beat track for the Dub Step Carol of the Bells song, then will put it aside for a while for the next one in my que to do a beat track for. Going to go through all my new songs for a beat track first and then come back into them later when I am not sick of listening to them for hundreds of times to put a background on them, then come back in and do the elements and other fancier stuff when XL4, Lightshow pro etc have stabilized their new releases this summer. But the massive amount of the work will have been completed this winter and spring for next years show.

arw01, thanks for the suggestions concerning LOR and I'll keep this in mind in the future. I have found some LOR sequences before but not "Mary did you know". ctravis was able to help me with that song in vixen 2.1 so I won't have to look for it any longer.

Good luck with your beat tracks, it is hard work and unfortunately I am not as talented as you are so I prefer to adapt an existing sequence and make it fit my display. This too requires a lot of work but certainly less than starting from scratch... And modifying a sequence can get a little boring too after listening to the song time after time so I think I have an idea what you are going through.

Thanks again for your reply.

Just caught your thread now. I know I'm late to the game but I did Mary did you u know in vixen 3.1. But I could certainly export a v2 version for you if you'd like another version of it.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon I will take you up on a vixen 2 export of it please, I think i can pull that into LSP yet, haven't tried a Vixen file.

I'll probably strip it down to just the beat track and build back up from there.

Thank you
Alan

YouTube blocked mine as well, but Vimeo let me put the same one up in early Jan 2016, I haven't checked lately hopefully it is still up!

Terry

need to use vimeo for any uploads that may contain copyrighted material, (having said that our two videos from 2015 are still viable on youtube, but it could just be a matter of time) they are both tso songs, so it could be their publisher isn't quite as vigilant

Last edited:
need to use vimeo for any uploads that may contain copyrighted material, (having said that our two videos from 2015 are still viable on youtube, but it could just be a matter of time) they are both tso songs, so it could be their publisher isn't quite as vigilant

The video will remain visible , the audio will get muted . Most of my videos have now been muted for copyright audio .

Can't even watch the video. All I get is a black screen with:
"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Gotta love Sony Music Entertainment

Can't even watch the video. All I get is a black screen with:
"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

Gotta love Sony Music Entertainment

It certainly is not limited to sony, it's just the way it is now generally speaking for all the large publishers, the copyrighted music that is allowed to remain is more the exception than the rule.

Use vimeo instead, it's free up to a certain file limit per week. There is a good free video encoder

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

that will encode anything to anything else, I use mp4, i forget the resolution settings but my point is you can shrink your files to a much smaller size to stay within vimeo's limits. yes your video will look fine.

Most of the work is done unattended so, encoding and uploading, so this (switching of video hosts) is really not that serious of a hardship. but it's annoying for certain.

Last edited:
Back