Looking for Recommendations on how to Cut Aluminum Tack

tryanpanther86

I have this location on my shed where the roof pitch comes down and then the horizontal face of the shed goes left or right away from the pitch. I am looking for any help how to cut the aluminum pixel bullet track (U Shaped) to make this transition look as seamless as possible. Thanks. PXL_20240124_201948280 (2).jpgPXL_20240124_201943422 (1).jpg

If you have access to a 3d printer then a corner cap could be made.

Otherwise take some poster board and create a mock-up of the bullet track and create a cut pattern to make tabs off the gable face that will bend into the fascia face. (gable is the inverted V, fascia is the long horizontal side)

One question - where are you mounting the track? On the face, or underneath?
The track has a lip that will slide up under the drip edge and I can fasten with a self-tapper/drilling. So, the main part of the U-Shaped channel will be on the face of the Fascia and Gable.

If you have access to a 3d printer then a corner cap could be made.

Otherwise take some poster board and create a mock-up of the bullet track and create a cut pattern to make tabs off the gable face that will bend into the fascia face. (gable is the inverted V, fascia is the long horizontal side)
While I have some Aluminum Trim Cutting experience, I am in no way an expert. So pretty much a Newb here. By any chance you have a mockup of a template that you could show so I know how to fabricate my mockup for cutting and bending. Thanks for any advice/help.

Here.jpg
To make sure I'm understanding correctly, you will be mounting it under this drip edge (in image).
Then it is a simple miter cut of the aluminum to get around the corner. Very much like your roofer did with the drip edge.

Back