LOR out to DMX device

davislights

Since I am running my LOR controller in DMX mode, could you go out from LOR to a DMX device using an RJ45 to 3 pin adapter? Or should I just stick with an Enttec Open DMX?

Build a LOR to XLR 3 pin using LORs adapter arrangement. LOR has the specs on their website.

If you are feeding it STD DMX to run the LOR controller, it will spit DMX out on the other end. I have not tried the LOR protocol IN to get DMX out. From what I read, LOR uses some proprietary encoding of the DMX stream for their controllers - some folks have hacked it in the past. It creates chaos for the standard DMX controllers and fixtures, so I am told.

I use a sACN to DMX bridge from my PixLite 16 controller. My LOR is device 0x14 so it listens to DMX channels 305-320. I need two outputs - one for LOR and one for DMX. Both are set to the same universe so it does not require any fancy programming using Vixen. I added it to Vixen like it was physically on the same network. The PixLite 16 does the rest of the magic - it has STD DMX and LOR jumpers so no special cables required either.

I SHOULD make the RJ-45 DMX to LOR adapter - just lazy. I did make one a long time ago - heck if I can find it.

LOR handles DMX just fine. You can add any DMX device and LOR will control it.

Just have to remember to have the LOR Control Panel running.

Always TEST your network on the bench first so you know you have everything configured correctly.

Dennis

Back