Lyric Tracks for Singing Bulbs

trossoma

Hello all,

I'm adding to my humble setup from last year to include three of the Boscoyo singing bulbs. I wanted to see if I could get some advice about easiest way to get Lyric Tracks integrated into my show. I saw mention of some website/program AutoLyrixAlign that can be used to generate Lyric tracks. The website is not working at the moment. I'm also looking at possibly purchasing sequences that contain Lyric tracks. It's also a little more involved because I would prefer primary/backup tracks. I use XLights to manage sequences. Any advice from those who have experience in this area?

Thanks,
Tony

You can download many from inside Xlights. A few years ago there was a project and only the people that participated had access to the lyric tracks, but the project has since ended and they decided to make the lyric tracks publicly available. Open Xlights then tools -> Download Sequences/Lyrics then Pick xLights Singing Faces Project then browse for the lyric tracks available for download. There is a download button to download the timing track. There is also a link to purchase the music so you know what music it was built with. Then just import the timing track into your sequence and you should be able to using the singing face effect to map it.

Thanks,
Shawn

Wish I had seen that - I just ventured into doing this manually. It takes ages, but it's quite easy to get good results with a little patience. I did it in Vixen but I suspect xLights has a very similar approach.

Wish I had seen that - I just ventured into doing this manually. It takes ages, but it's quite easy to get good results with a little patience. I did it in Vixen but I suspect xLights has a very similar approach.

The xtimings from xlights can be imported into vixen, then used via vixen as well.

--
Shawn

Last edited:
Hi, somewhat newbie, Is there anything I should expect when importing singing faces from xlights to vixen? I guess I'm asking if there are steps that I need to follow?

There are some official Vixen videos about how to set up lip sync. IIRC the interface may have changed a little but the process is the same.
https://www.youtube.com/c/VixenLightsSoftware/videos search for 'lip sync'

First step is to get your display elements set up, then import/make your own timing markers for the changes. For the display elements you can make your own custom prop or pick one from the external libraries like the Gilbert Engineering options.

You can import timing mark collection under the 'marks' window. There are a number of different import types supported. For lip-sync you may need to change the type of the mark group after it exists. Right mouse click, you can change to phrase, word, phoneme. I haven't imported lip sync tracks personally but you will be wanting to work with phonemes which map to the various states of your lip-sync prop. The phrase and word types can be helpful when making your own from scratch (I spent many hours doing this last weekend). The videos show the process.

Back