Matrix Model in Xlights...

Bill-PVL

I have a Matrix that is basically 4 foot x 8 foot.

48 pixels per 8 foot length.
46 8 foot lengths.

Total of 2208 pixels....

I need to use 3 ports on my controller which means that on each port I have 736 pixels...which is how I have it wired.

The problem is 736 is not evenly divisible by 48 so I am having trouble figuring out the strands per string (zig zag) so that it renders correctly.

In Xlights I have it set

# Strings 3
Nodes/String 736
Strands/String 16 (which ultimately leads to 46 pixels per row - making everything sent to the matrix offset and videos unwatchable)

Suggestions -

I really don't want to have to pull and re-poke 2208 pixels.

This usually means you need a custom model or at least custome controller config.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmn...never built a custom model before... ill look at the manual first and see if I can figure it out.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

I found a great YouTube video by Pixel Pro Displays - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNGGXqgIkSg.

For others that may be looking for the solution...

1. Create a Matrix using standard xLights functionality (use 1 string, total number of nodes, number of rows or columns depending on whether you are horizontal or vertical)
2. Right click on the matrix that you created and select the Export as Custom xLights model.
3. Use the Import on the Layout Tab and insert the rectangle into your layout - dialog displays asking for the model you created in #2
4. Set the number of strings (connections to ports) that you are going to have.
5. Check the Individual Start Nodes and define the start node for each of the ports and Save.
6. Go to the Controller Tab, select the controller, click on Visualizer and Move your New Custom Model to the first port you will use and it should the correct number of ports that you set as strings and defined the start node. (Don't forget to upload this to the controller)

I already had sequences created so I changed my Matrix Name to Matrix-OLD and made my Newly created Matrix have the NAME of the OLD one. I then pulled up a sequence and rendered it to make sure that it was working correctly... and then I deleted Matrix-OLD from my Layout. Worked like I charm. Then I just used the Tools/Batch Render to re-render all of the sequences.

Your mileage may vary but it worked for me.

Back