Media Player plugin for Vixen 2

arpondel

I have seen a lot of posts in the past about incorporating video playback in Vixen but have yet to see an actual plugin. Does anyone know if a plugin exists to remotely control a media player such as VLC? I think I may try to include some video in my show this year if possible. Thanks.

FYI for anyone trying to add video triggering. Gave up on VLC and Finally was able to get Windows Media Player to work. After a couple of hours of playing with WMP I Figured out how to use the launcher plugin to launch a video in fullscreen mode in WMP. You first need to open the trigger plugin and enter into the "program executable path" the file path to WMP. For me the path was C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe. Next click on the parameters box and enter the video file path with quotes around the path and file name. For example, if my movie is named Test.mp4 and stored on the C:\ directory I would enter in the parameter line "C:\test.mp4" /fullscreen. When the launcher plugin is triggered for the first time and WMP is not already open the program will be launched and the video file will began to play. Each time there after a video is triggered it will open in the same WMP window in fullscreen and override any video already playing. You will also want to keep the tool bar from showing in between each movie. To do this go to TOOLS, OPTIONS, PERFORMANCE, and then uncheck "display full screen controls". You will also want to continue running your current video until your next video is ready to play. If not you will see the WMP player skin instead of a blank screen. I solved this by adding a continuous running black screen at the end of each video until I trigger the next video. I hope this helps someone else who might be trying to incorporate video.

Back