Mega Tree Connecting Strands to base

darthmilk

Hello I was able to get my 20 feet mega tree up yesterday but the strands aren’t really lined up. Does anyone have any tips on how to secure the strands to the base and make them even?
d6e5072a775851768691fecf9fa44eb3.jpg

017e0b423a58e9959646e01f825597b4.jpg

Turnbuckles for tension , eyehooks attached to your base (equally spaced) and shorten the legs on the base to enable tension on each strand.

Or quick n dirty / less expensive fix , shorten the legs to create distance for tension and use bailing wire to tie
each strand to the base .

Last edited:
I use small turnbuckles as well. I mark the spacing evenly and drill holes through the conduit. Definitely measure twice before drilling the holes.

I also use ball bungees, threaded through the last hole of the pixel mounting strip, wrapped around the base then connected back to itself (the ball). The tension pulls them all tight and keeps them nice and even.

Over the years our base ring (home display) has acquired eye-hooks properly spaced. We use the ball bungees through the MISR Clip (on the strips) then through the eye-hook. The MISR provides a better "strain relief" (so the strip does not distort) and the eye hook provides proper spacing. The bungee itself provides tensioning. That tensioning comes in real handy during "windy conditions" as the strips can move a bit.

With all that said, in the park display we literally zip-tie the straps (with MISR) to the base rings. Until this year there were 7 megatrees and not one had a problem.

Using this type of electrical pvc conduit, determine the circumference you need and cut the pvc in equal sections as required.

Three 10’ sections of conduit (30’ circumference) is about a 9’7” diameter circle.

Plug one end of the conduit into the other and careful not to kink the conduit and presto you have a circle.

8ef9a48bbfecf8be5d1db46af7acf599.jpg

Back