Michigan HDPE tubing interest.

akareaper

Michigan folks, I'm in the Shelby Township area, thinking of a trip to Ohio to visit a friend, and possibly bring back some of the 2" HDPE tubing from Mcmaster. Probably be early April. Would anyone in the area be interested? Either rolled, or a bunch of 10 foot sections. I just don't like the looks of the pex.

HI,
Yes, very interested. I'm in Farmington Hills. Either is good for me. I would be interested in 30 ft (for three arches).
Thanks,
Jim

Got it Jim, since its same price per foot, looks like I'll be doing 10 footers so folks get the right amount for arches, and not end up with some weird amount left over.

Hello!
I'm also interested. I'm in Belleville. At least 5 10'ers or possibly even 8. (or a 100' roll). Whatever you might have room for would be totally appreciated!

David

Update:

Has to be 10 foot increments (Matt Johnson arches are actually 9.5' anyway, ya need a bit of slop for end cuts). I have a farm in Metamora (girlfriend lives there), then work in Pontiac from 7-3pm if that makes it easier for getting it from me other than my Shelby house.

Count so far:

Reaper- 40'
Jvalue- 30'
Dgirard- 80'
Pauyd- 40'
iflights- 40'
Nathan815- 30'
Callender- 60'

That's 320 feet, I can handle 80 more feet unless I take my trailer which I'm trying to avoid. 10 foot pieces so I don't have to cut them, lol. Its same price regardless.

Matthew

Last edited:
OK, final price is $2.11 a foot, or 21.10 per 10 footer. That's current price plus tax. Remember MJ's arch builds are 9 1/2 feet, so not much waste.

OK, the 400 is the max I can get in my truck, so I have to close out the offer. I'll touch base when I'm ready to go down.

Since Matt is 9.5 feet can I do 80 feet then (if not 76ft, that's in specs w MJ now. I thought he said 9ft). My bad sir...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I just looked at the website and they have a McMasterCarr in douglasville Ga. that's is two towns over from me. So maybe we can figure a way to get more. Akreaper: have u figured the shipping?

Since Matt is 9.5 feet can I do 80 feet then (if not 76ft, that's in specs w MJ now. I thought he said 9ft). My bad sir...

So I guess u can take my order off and give to someone else. And tell me how u shipping and maybe I can help others

LOL, sorry for the confusion, I'm going down to Ohio to visit a friend, and picking it up directly. Those who wanted some, are close enough to get it from me without shipping. For reference, they quoted me 75 bucks a roll of 100, and actually the same for 4 ten foot pieces which is why I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

OK, 80 feet available Michigan peeps.

Thanks Akareaper! To all the Michiganders in this post, any interest in a meet up or at least address swap later in the year? I'd like to see your shows.

The green site has a map of member's houses. I'm on it. You just need to contact the moderators.

Sent from S6 using Tapatalk

Go to diychristmas.org "green site" and find the link to the DIY forum. Under community on the top banner is the link to the DIYC map. It lists the user names of the map keepers. It is a great forum like this one. They are eerily similar and a lot of the same folks.

So who wants to organize a Meeshigun get together? If it were my responsibility it would probably never happen or be a big disappointment...like my lights:biggrin2:

Back