MicroSwiss direct drive

wilmar

Upgraded today one of my Enders to try this out and wow I’ve never been able to run petg faster than about 50mms. Slightly more. On certain. Parts . This thing isn’t even dialed in. Yet and is smokin the stock set up. Running around 75 mms now with no problem. . Thought I’d share if you are on. The fence about it . I. Got the dual direct drive and the hotend kit .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know! I got the micro Swiss hot end kit a few weeks ago but haven’t installed it yet after I read elsewhere about retraction issues with petg. Also I do not have direct drive just the Capricorn Bowden tube.

Going to try to install it this weekend on an ender 5 plus.... or maybe I should throw more money at it and upgrade to direct drive at same time??

Good to know! I got the micro Swiss hot end kit a few weeks ago but haven’t installed it yet after I read elsewhere about retraction issues with petg. Also I do not have direct drive just the Capricorn Bowden tube.

Going to try to install it this weekend on an ender 5 plus.... or maybe I should throw more money at it and upgrade to direct drive at same time??

I m not sure I just know that I have both and man it’s a huge difference was worried it wasn’t worth it it but happy for now . Trying to dial it all in and see if it even. Gets better . And yes I really only use petg anymore . Will try nylon this weekend

Was the Hot End necessary, or could you have left the upgraded Creality Replacement Hot End on it? I just replaced the original with the upgrade and I'd hate to waste that mod.

Jeff

I would think it would work. Fine.

I run 65mms petg on my stock ender 5with a .6 head and get great prints, as long as it ain't overture. Worst petg I ever used.

Back