miniTree build suggestions wanted

I like this suggestion! How long is each section of PVC pipe that you bent? Also how wide is the base and how tall?

Each section of PVC for the base was ~8.5" long; 3x per base.
They ended up about 19" wide at the base and about 32" tall.

I used the wire trellis type for a couple of years with AC strings wrapped around them. This year I switched to pixels and ty-wrapped pixels to the verticals but did not like the look. Then I tied the Boscoyo pixel mounting strips to it and did not like it. All of these were really flimsy.

So I ended up welding some EMT supports and connecting the Boscoyo strips and finally got something that I liked.

View attachment 44082

Hey Kevin, Do you happen to have a close up puc on the mount as well from the front?
Those look perfect for under my arches

Hey Kevin, Do you happen to have a close up puc on the mount as well from the front?
Those look perfect for under my arches

Here are a couple of more pictures. You can see that I used short sheet metal screws to hold the strips to the EMT but I suppose that tie-wraps would work as well. On the bottom the holes did not align perfectly so I just put a screw through the plastic itself when needed. A 2' piece of rebar was used to hold the tree in the yard.

Small Tree Fastners.jpg
Small Tree.jpg
Small Tree Stake.jpg

Do people do the curved tree design cause of viewing? Is the flat tree design just as good if your viewing is directly forward?

I'm on an acreage and the viewing will be very one spot direct on.

Here is my layout and basically where the picture was taken is where you would be viewing from.

Thanks
Layout 1.jpg

For your application, yes, the flat should be just fine. And I suggest using the Black Boscoyo strips rather than the White ones.

Do you happen to know the lengths of the pipe? I am trying to space them out evenly lol

Make sure you double check the distance between the top and bottom cross members to match your layout. I spaced this out for 10 pixels at 3" spacing on the 5 strips.

Small Tree Frame scale.jpg

Small Tree.jpg

Since a couple of people have asked, here is a template for making the jig I used for my PVC mini trees.
Pictures of the trees and jig can be seen in post #6.

Print at 100% (no scaling) on 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
Cut out and trace onto the wood for your jig.

Attachments

• MiniTree_Base_template.pdf
    31.3 KB · Views: 57
Since a couple of people have asked, here is a template for making the jig I used for my PVC mini trees.
Pictures of the trees and jig can be seen in post #6.

Print at 100% (no scaling) on 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
Cut out and trace onto the wood for your jig.

Thank You!

Reading through this, I guess I went uber-simple. I used 1 (they come in pairs) plate from a Boscoyo ChromaPole set as the topper, a 3ft long piece of 1/2" EMT (w/ a 1/2"-3/4" PVC shim) and 6x lengths of regular Boscoyo Megatree strip. Attached the mounting strips to the ChromaPole plate at the top, and use tent stakes at the bottom. A 3ft piece of rebar in the ground holds it up. At 18 pixels per strip, I get 108 nodes per 180-degree tree. It's a mini-Megatree.

Pic

Back