*Modified* - Enhanced Play options when editing sequences.

prof

When the play selection option is used, the selected area disapears when you edit the sequence. I would like to have the ability to apply markers to specify the start and end points of the selection. Markers that stay in place until you cancel them . So that you can edit and replay your changes as many times as required, without having to constantly reselect your selection. (If that makes sense).

Original post (What I would like to see is the ability to chose a section of the sequence and be able to play just that section either once or repeatedly. And have some form of markers to show the start / end points of the section.
I was also thinking of requesting a single step function for manually scrolling through the frames of a sequence, but dropping the playback speed slider down to a few % simulates that).

Its in there....
On the "Execution Control" toolbar the second buttons drop down will select "Play at the selected point" or "Play only the selected range".(as much as you have selected at the time)
Together with "Loop this sequence" the fifth button, you can repeat the same segment for as long as you can stand it. :lol:

JOel

Attachments

• playfrom_122.jpg
    playfrom_122.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 104
Ahh, the penny drops. I had seen that option but it did not work when I first tried it out. I think I have it now. The sequence needs to be stopped, not just paused to enable the play selection function.

i was about to request a change i think is the same as this "modified" request, but this poster seems to accept that there's a way to do what he's asking???

if so, please let me know.

cmitcham,

I have learnt a few things since posting the change request for enhancing the play options. But what I did learn does not fully address the issues I raised and basically my change request is still open. My request seems to be the same thing you are after.

What I have learned so far:
1/ To change the mode of the "Play Selected ..." button, Place the mouse cursor on the small down arrow button beside the Play Select button then click and hold the mouse button down. While holding the mouse button down drag the cursor over the required option and release the mouse button. This selects the option without starting Play.
2/ You can bookmark cells using Ctrl Shift #Num (where #Num is any number key 0 to 9) and recall the bookmark using Ctrl #Num. Recalling the bookmark moves the first column of the bookmark to the left side of the screen. The bookmark only remembers the first column it does not remember a range of cells (no end point), nor does it remember what row you were on when you created the bookmark.
3/ When looping a selected range of cells you can edit the cells while it is playing. The edits appear when you make them but you do not see the greying out of the cells as you select them to edit. To get the edits to take efect you must first Stop then restart the sequence. But when you do press Stop, you loose the originally selected range of cells you were working on.

Which brings me back to my change request to have (visible) bookmarks that remember the start and end points of a cell range so that no matter what editing you do, you go instantly back to that bookmarked range of cells during playback, and the bookmarks stay in place untill you choose to cancel them. Remembering the row(s) you were on when you made the bookmark would also be usefull to bring it back into view if you have scrolled that area off screen.

Prof.

Back