Monster Mash Animation

Christmasgeek

So this is the first time trying dropbox so if I mess something up bare with me. This is a RGB animation I also included pictures of how I design what I am trying to accomplish, some of my notes wont make sense to you as they were meant to jog my memory (turning 50 this year and having way to many ah crap and not ah ha moments lol). So they matrix is 36 strings of 50 pixels each (youll see in the pics provided how I set it up), the song you'll need if intested is Monster Mash, there are no other backgrond effects( ie a border chase, border beat etc) strictly the face w/ hair, neck bolts, eyes and mouth. Youll notice under eye animation I only filled in the channels for closed but nothing else, currently I make the eyes using basic effects and store them in the libary, my reason is that editing the effect for color well take up much time for every placement of the eye (how ever I do edit the mouth after placement but thats another discussion), so you would like the eye libary for frank let me know. You'll also note that there is no universe assigned to channels (that i'll leave to you if you try this as mine well be different) also there is no preview set up done either. If anyone does try a preview realize I haven't yet so there could be some missed colors, also note I have set up channels to display for all mouth positions but only have the word/vocal/mouth with anything in it as this is where I was editing. Some of theore anced user of HLS see areas where I could have set up for faster editing, if so let me know as I am a 2 month user of HLS. You may note (if you have monstr mash song) that some of the syncing of mouth to ds could be off, thats okay I haven't completely finalized what I hear yet (a little tired of the song). I included a pic of my next animation that I started last night. Play around with it, use it if ya want. Any questions ask away (though I may not know the answer).

Gary

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8g5gz79zz1wuxq6/qPysK-9BT1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/14b0bihxrch7i07/Monster Mash.zip

Very cool.....
I thought doing mouth animations was slow with standard rope light face, this is wayyyyyyy more involved.
I am downloading and going to have a look later tonight or tomorrow..
Thanks for this!

No problem, actually looks harder then how it appears and this was my reason for trying HLS, now I just have to wait for the rest of my material to arrive to build my matrix and play this.

I hear you, I just received my pixel strips and cut them this past weekend. I am stripping wire and attaching the pigtails tonight...
Seeing it in preview is one thing but to see it actually lit up is something entirely different.
:yay:

I just created a custom preview using 36 strings of 50 pixels and used Excel to map everything out.
I have your song playing now and it looks great, fantastic job on the mouth animations and the eyes are awesome, love it! (the nose makes a difference!:thup2:)
I think a matrix will be on my list for next year (2015), I am tapped out just building a 12 strip ray tree, 4 arches and 6 coro canes...
:sweet:

Yes, the eyes spun and went together (cross-eyed), very cool.
I can upload the quick preview I made to my dropbox tonight so you can have a look.
I'll post here when I get home.

Realized that when I did the hair I made it almost black(oops) if you and others want to see the top of the head you'll need to pick the hair diplay to work on and change the color of the hair.

Here's a quick, down and dirty preview for your matrix if you want to try it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100425337/HLS_Preview.zip
Just unzip into HLS and when you launch your sequence, select IDENTIFY Preview File and select MonsterMash.
In the zip are the files for the bmp I used (my house as background), the monstermash preview file and the compiled file.
If you unzip into root of HLS, it will place the bmp and the HLSPREVIEW files in the Library folder and the MONSTERMASH.HLSPREVIEWCOMPILED file in the root.
I would recommend making a quick backup of your HLS folder before making any changes, better to be safe.
Let me know if you have any problems, I think you are going to love seeing your creation "come to life"....
:biggrin:

Thanks! got to see it, wonder why the background didn't show up (ie his face and hair) yep the noise makes it!! lol The eyes do look cool and did what I was hoping, now to see it lit up! Oh and I wont have to do any tweeking of the mouth animations either looked good to me. About 1/3 done on mouth animations for running with the devil, these eyes will do other stuff based how I have them designed and The horns and a triangle in the forehead well have effects.

Thanks again is cool to see it come alive, real test to come shortly (I hope)

Gary

So all foregrounds work (changed hair color to purple looks cool) but the background which is a pale green doesn't show up(and this is his face), wonder what conflict I have going on, may have to ask joe if I can't figure it out.

Back