Moody Christmas Train

Bob Moody

Well... Sandra and I took the plunge into a yard train. Simple oval .. 4 corners, 48' on the long straight and 32' on the shorter straight.

Started in January and this is where we are with it now ..

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/yard-train.html

a lot of pictures and a couple of videos...
We are not finished yet... but finally at a point where we can show a little of what we have done so far.

Bob

Wow, all I can say is WOW! What an awesome project and the quality is superb!
Fantastic job, can't wait to see it in action this season.
:biggrin2:

Not sure what happened... the 2nd video didn't update on the web page ..
I have fixed that... there should be 2 videos at the bottom of the page now...

Bob

Beautiful job so far Bob! So when are you going into the train manufacturing business? :biggrin2:

You certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding buyers from the looks of your work! I have wanted to build one but upstate NY is not a great place to try and run a train around when you get 2 feet of snow! :sleepy:

Question for you. What kind of paint are you using on the train? Looks like a beautiful shine on it.

Beautiful job so far Bob! So when are you going into the train manufacturing business? :biggrin2:

You certainly wouldn't have any trouble finding buyers from the looks of your work! I have wanted to build one but upstate NY is not a great place to try and run a train around when you get 2 feet of snow! :sleepy:

Question for you. What kind of paint are you using on the train? Looks like a beautiful shine on it.

Just need a snow plow attachment :biggrin2:

Looking great. A train build is on my mind for next year. I've been tidying up the garage over the last few days and building racking for storage. Will be building a small bench soon for soldering work and other pixel related mayhem. Maybe I do have space to build a train.

What are you doing for lighting? Wifi controlled pixels to blink with the show?

Looks really good, how many others watched all the way to the end of the first video to watch him chase it down and unhook the power?

You will never regret having a running train in your display . The work to build and keep it running is tremendous but well worth the effort. Walter Monkhouse

Back