Mounting Coro Snowflake to Glass

rsegreto

I'm planning on adding 3 24" Coro Snowflakes to my display next year and was wondering if any of you have mounted other coro props to glass? I was thinking of using some sort of adhesive backed clip that would go into a piece of 1/2" or so PVC that I could have mounted on the back of the snowflake itself. Just not sure which adhesive / clip would work best so figured I'd see if anyone here has experience with one already.

Thanks
-Russ

What's the weight of one of the snowflakes, completely filled with its pixels? That's your yardstick for selecting a clip/adhesive/whatever...

Or you could hang it from the casing above with fishing line which is invisible at night. Use 2 pieces attached above with wider mounting points than the mounting holes in the snowflake to keep it from swaying in the wind. (sort of like a W without the upside down V in the middle)

Good idea on the weight, I'm going to use the Boscoyo 24" with 48 nodes and the combo would probably only be 2lbs if anything. My problem also would be that I want to mount one on my full glass storm door so I was thinking of running my wires towards the hinge side so the door would still open.

I'd rather use something that sticks to the glass but the fishing line is a good idea too, or even picture wire. Even for the door I'm sure I could run that up to the frame somewhere and both wire or fishing line should be thin enough to not impede the door.

I use 2 cable tie mounts and two zipties to mount my 48 node 24" snowflakes to vinyl. The key is to remove the adhesive backing and use clear silicone. I've had no issues over the years on vinyl but have never tried on glass. I would assume it would work as well.

Back