My 2010 project

Flat stores easily enough for me.

When i was brainstorming on how to actually produce these I can up with an alternate design.
The bottom plate could be grooved with an angle grinder, the rods would lay in the groves, and a top plate would secure them with two bolts.
The entire assembly would need to be a bit longer and laid out like the last photo in post #56 of this thread by bhays.
The rods would be closer to the ends, and the mounting holes would be in the center.
The bottom plate would need to be long enough so the sandwich bolts cleared the hub, or the sandwich bolts would need to be countersunk into the bottom plate.

To ship them out this design could have worked.
I just do not see anyone breaking them all the way down each year.
I am thinking, that once they were assembled, they were going to stay together.

Besides...

The BloomingRose is dead...

Long live the MiniRose!!!!

http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?15577-FireWorks-2011-the-MiniRose

Joel 11499

Last edited:
OK. Two weekends ago, I finally got around to welding my firework sections together. Everything looked great, but I had some apprehensions in the back of my mind. I ignored those apprehensions, and attached my ropelight sections to the first piece. When I lifted it off my makeshift workbench, the top two arms/fingers sagged in a less-than-flattering way. The center flat stock is made of 1/8" steel, and the arms/fingers are 5' long sections of hot rolled steel.

I immediately remembered my apprehensions when we welded them in the first place. After a trip to the welding supply house and 30 minutes of welding, I now had 8 of what is in the first picture. The support will be invisible when it is all together, and I hope to mock everything up this weekend and have more pics or video. The second pic is with the lights. The amount of additional stiffness is amazing. Something to think about for those who are wanting to do this.

Firework 1.jpgFirework 2.jpg

Finally got around to using those boards.:p

5ft is a little long. Are they 1/4 or 3/8 rod.
Also looks like you may have 1/2in ropelight.

That is going to be HEAVY.

JOel

1/4" rod, 1/2" ropelight, each color is "triple wound" (3' of each color on each arm).

Here's the center bracket. Should be plenty strong. I'll have to weigh a section and see what they come out to.

Attachments

• Firework Center.jpg
    Firework Center.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 48
That is going to be HEAVY.

JOel

Each piece is 11 lbs. 88 lbs for all 8, add 10 or so for the center section, enclosures, etc, and we're looking right at 100 lbs getting cranked up. I haven't decided how high it will be. I'll do that probably next weekend.

...we're looking right at 100 lbs getting cranked up. I haven't decided how high it will be.

Hmmm... 100# held atop a thin post... blowing in the wind.... about 6 feet might be safe... :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what you come up with to hold that thing!

Hmmm... 100# held atop a thin post... blowing in the wind.... about 6 feet might be safe... :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what you come up with to hold that thing!

Not too worried. I'll be using 1" black iron pipe for the pole with 4x 3/16 guy wires. It's the same I have with my mega tree, which holds 96 strands, is ~24' high, and probably weighs the same if not more.

Nice working man , But still i can't understand much bout what you want. I hope the your project will complete soon and you got benefit from your work as you want.

Back