My 2010 project

Not telling.
Anything has to be better than what I am presently doing.

It will get changed.

JOel

Why do I suspect there is a current shortage of wirenuts in Northern Iowa???? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

( j/k, Joel! ;) It is FANTASTIC!!!)

:)

Joel,

Great design. I have a question about one of your other effects. Do you have the build details on your flag?

Hi Jrock

Can u tell me what voltage everything on this project was running at?

Thanks
Bree

I like those candy canes as well
:D

Hi Bree.

Every thing is standard 120v rope light.
The strobes are also 120v and fit in a standard C9 socket.

The candycanes your are seeing in post #27 are jameyboozer's

How did i miss this...what a wonderful idea and man the work involved to make one of these ....FABULOUS...do you have a link to a video of your show or no video?

Are you talking about the "Proud to Be an American" if so, it's Lee Greenwood.

Sorry I was thinking of something else. I believe this one is called "Where Stars and Stripes and Eagles Fly by Aaron Tippin

Last edited:
They nailed it, the song is "Where the stars and stripes and the eagle fly" by Aaron Tippin, with a little extra.

I found a fireworks manufacture website that had 30 second clips of at least 200 different products posted on youtube.
Not sure how many I looked at, or how often I had to go back to find one I previously liked.
What you are hearing is the audio from at least 4 different clips(samples of fireworks) blended and massaged into the original audio with audacity.

The fireworks were great, but it was missing just that little something to push it over the top.

The fireworks paired with the audio was just a jaw dropper to all who seen it in person.

Joel

Why is it when you get a new hammer, or a CNC mill finally working, all the world looks like a nail.

I made the interface boards for the MiniRose, and they worked so well I just had to redo the connectors on the original Blooming Rose.

8 .156 connectors should make quick work of what used to take a half day to corral all the wires into the clamps.

Big32-Box Back.jpg
attachment.php

Big32-Box Front.jpg
attachment.php

Big32-Box BefAft.jpg
attachment.php

The last picture shows the old clamps on the left, and the new board with plugs on the right.
Setting this thing up in 35 degrees and drizzle was absolutely miserable.
The new design should let me plug in all the branches in less than 10 minutes.

JOel 10,221

Last edited:
I looked at all the spokes and thought, how can a come up with a way to make assembly and storage easier.

Joel
i certainly am not trying to dampen your awesome project, in fact i will be trying it too :)
perhaps welding sleeves slightly larger than the steel rods (rebar) in which the rebar rods can fit in would cut down the storage space required.
this would work great for the top half, but the bottom half, perhaps drilling a hole through the jacket and the rod and running a 16 penny nail through it to secure it.
just a thought

Back