My new mini trees pixels

boarder3

Got sick of problems with incans and led's. heres my new mini's for next year

Attachments

• mini tree pixel.jpg
    mini tree pixel.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 302
Seems like a super mini... What are the dimensions? Can you post a pic of the back?
x2 ! I am trying to figure out what I want to do for the bottom half of my windows (inside my front porch) for my first show! I am building some led "wreaths" that will be red/green. will post some pics when I get something together.

Nice!! Are these only one color? If so, calling them a pixel is a bit misleading in the title. If they ARE RGB, then I want the details as THAT would be extremely cool.

That is way cool- the picture of the back detail is not high enough resolution to be able to see the third wire to the units (looked like just 5mm LEDs). Wow- how tall is one?? I'm guessing a little over 12"??

Got sick of problems with incans and led's

What kind of problems? Its interesting that you believe that dealing 50 pixels on every Mini tree will be easier? I assume you are just going to group them on your 680/681 controller?

I must be missing something. I'm scared to death of an exponential increase in Channel count :) Well, not "to death", but definitely steering away from it.

Kelly

Kelly

Yeah Kelly, pixels will not fit in well with your system of flipping the light switch to your porch light on and off to the music... ;-)

Just kidding, I know you have a Mr Christmas unit!! :freak:

Well this was my 4th year doing a light show last year i had 400 channels this year i had 3900 i had zero problems with my rgb pixels and nothing but problems with incans and led strings. Either they had bulbs blowing out taking the whole or half the string out or rust in led sockets. Im sure you tried finding a broken bulb on a mini tree wrapped with 12 strings of lights good luck with that. So thats were i say im looking forward to not only having to worry if a single rgb goes bad i change it. What im not looking forward to is using 2.1 again i cant achieve the effects i want to do with it. But LSP is useless so im stuck with 2.1 for now. All i can say is thank god for the guy who wrote vixen cause without him i wouldnt of had a show this year no thanks to nonworking LSP. Anyone who tells you it works should play lotto they are the luckiest person on earth.

Well this was my 4th year doing a light show last year i had 400 channels this year i had 3900 i had zero problems with my rgb pixels and nothing but problems with incans and led strings. Either they had bulbs blowing out taking the whole or half the string out or rust in led sockets. Im sure you tried finding a broken bulb on a mini tree wrapped with 12 strings of lights good luck with that. So thats were i say im looking forward to not only having to worry if a single rgb goes bad i change it. What im not looking forward to is using 2.1 again i cant achieve the effects i want to do with it. But LSP is useless so im stuck with 2.1 for now. All i can say is thank god for the guy who wrote vixen cause without him i wouldnt of had a show this year no thanks to nonworking LSP. Anyone who tells you it works should play lotto they are the luckiest person on earth.

Thanks, I do see your point and it sounds like you have the experience. I did have SSR problems caused by water. For the most part all of them were Self-Inflicted by opening up SSR enclosures in the rain during setup. I definitely chased a few bulb/string issues during the season. I've gotten pretty good at it. More importantly, I trade the extra sequencing and computer headaches for some quality time with my Light Keeper Pro.

It helps that I have an extras of almost all display elements except for Megatree of course. I very rarely fix things outside. I exchange the item with my extras and then fix the offending element in the warmth of my house. I do agree, it's a pain in the butt to fix an Arch section or Min-tree. I don't even try now. I unwrap them and fix them that way. I can Unwrap, fix and rewrap a Megatree in less than 10 minutes. Since I'm always in my house watching TV it doesn't bother me.

Back