My "not so mini" Mini Trees

g2ktcf

I think I made a mistake. I was looking to buy tomato cages to make my mini trees. Well, all they had was 54" cages. I took them home, straightened them out and cut off the bottom section (like I had seen in the how to's). However, mine took 300 clear minis to cover it! :confused: By the time I added the red, green and blue strings, I was well over 1000! That was when I realized that my trees are over 3' tall! Well, too late to change it. I will keep going until I get 6 of these made. Next year I will make a real Mini!!! :lol:

Those sound like the cages I have.

I've got 200 bulbs/color on them. Just space them out, and they'll be fine.

I spaced them about a bulb length per wrap. Just enough to where I can use the upper wrap to hold the bulb in the lower wrap up staight.

I did more or less the same thing Rlily did and I left a little space off the bottom (about 2") for grass growth and such.

We used the whole 54" cage. I pulled the top or what would normally be the bottom together to make a top and tie wrapped it together. I used 600 mini's on mine. 200 Red 200 Green 200 Yellow.

I took one string of each color and first tie wrapped them together. Starting at the bottom they were wrapped around going up at an angle. When the string reached the top it was also at the end of the light string. At this point we tie wrapped another three sets together plugged them into the ends of the first set and wrapped from top going down in between the wraps made by the first set.

Bill

Back