My son

THurrle

To start I want to thank everyone for their support for my son.
My son with undergo a heart cath. procedure tomorrow to try to determine future treatment they hope to do. We are keeping our fingers crossed that there will be good news from this procedure.
Terry

Hope everything went well..

My son was diagnosed with a heart problem at an early age (2 years old). I know all too well the sleepless nights, the endless doctor/hospital visits and constant panic & fear.

Everybody's situation is diffrent.. but my advice after 18+ years of going through this is to never lose faith and hope.

I lost hope early.. Long story short:
My son's dream since he was 5 was to play high school football even though the doctors wouldn't let him play sports most of his childhood. I have a little "introduction to the first grade" paper framed on den wall were my son wrote, "when i grow up: I want to play football". For years I kept telling him he should find a new dream because his heart wasn't strong enough to play football. But he never gave up. Right next to that frame on my wall is a picture of him hugging his cardiologists after his first High School game, Next to that picture are all of his All-State awards... and next to that is a picture of him signing his 'National Letter of Intent' to play football at a D1 college.

We know a lot of kids who's story didn't end as happy as my sons. But even they taught me the same thing... Don't ever lose hope, Don't ever give up.

Procedure was completed Tuesday. The results were the valve that was replaced is still working , however one chamber of the heart is much larger than the other causing the heart to basically over work. In the end the Dr. told him he needs a heart transplant and that is the only option he has.

I am sorry to hear that Terry. I wish it was different. Keep faith and we will all keep praying for your son. May the Lord provide a positive outcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back