Need Help With Helix Ether-Node

Rjlangley

I'm working on integrating the Ether-Node along with an E6804 into the Helix system.
For some reason the Ether-Node is not linking with the E6804.
So far, I've set the IP on the E6804 to 192.168.10.11. The term jumper for RS-485 comm is set on both the main network controller and the ether-node (3rd and last ID; I have a main board (ID 2) in the middle, the term jumper removed).
I can access the E6804 web page from my laptop, but the Ether-node does not appear to link with it. I've tested my network cables and they're good.
I've also verified I have the correct SD cards are in the correct controllers with their files.
The Ether-Node is showing it has a connection to the network.
I've added the ether-node in HNS 3.2 and setup the E6804 as 192.168.10.11 for the config.

I'm not sure what I'm missing.
Is there any more testing someone can suggest I do to troubleshoot?
I've been thinking of trying to play a short sequence from my laptop, through the E6804. That would be tonight. But, not sure what I can do to test the Ether-node controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last night, I noticed the heartbeat LED on the Ether-Node is not blinking. But, the Wired RX LED flashes.
Anyone run into this?

52ba247b6d338c5c9af38b4e141cf191.jpg

My E6804 config

I just pulled up my old helix configs. Yours looks identical to mine. I never had an issue. I don't remember if the ethernode would flash or not. I haven't used in 3 years. .

Hi MLevings,
I've read many posts where you were involved. Glad to hear from you. Thanks for your efforts.
I heard from Greg by email. It's an exam week for him. I'm hoping to hear from him again soon, when he is done with his exam.

I just changed my configs this morning to what I posted and tested with it. Same deal. I didn't previously do the DMX universes correctly. I realized it after looking at Greg's Ether-Node posting, a few times...
I'm glad you confirm that I now have it correct. Whew.
So, I know something must not be right with the Ether-Node board.
I have to jumpstart it to get it working (multimeter on ohms going between R4-3.3V and the 3.3V lead at the SD Card slot). I found out how by accident. I was checking continuity across the board and one time I powered it up, I got Heartbeat.
So, once I get it going, I am able to ping the board's IP address. I even get activity at the SanDevice (E6804) pixel controller's universes, as if the Ether-Node is sending comm to the E6804. But, no LINK light on the Ether-Node for the socket. The Socket (1) Enabled light turns on, as it should. And not pixel lights lighting up. With the test pattern, if enabled on the E6804, does work. Lights do work.

Sorry just saw your posts. Are you up and running? I haven't used my Helix controllers for a few years so I'm a bit rusty.

Hi BLantrip,
Thank you for chiming in!
No, problem with the Ether-Node. All my incandescent light controllers are fine.
This year I wanted to change out my little, quickly slapped together, incandescent arches with pixel based ones.
The ether-node is not behaving.
I'm kicking myself for not spending time on this sooner. The nail biter is that I have a gathering on Friday.
Worst of it is, people will having to come back for the arches, if they ever get to working.

Do you think it is a problem with the ether-node itself or configuration? I could send you my ether-node but that won't help for Friday.

I'm behind too, I always say "I'll be better next year". But I always change something. Four new pixel arches this year plus other stuff.

Well, for a while I questioned my configuration, and realized I did mess up (being a total noob to pixels and the ether-node on top of that), but I think I ironed that out.

That's pretty generous of you. At this point, I think I'll take you up on that offer. Since I'm unsure if this ether-node is going to work. Let me know if it'll be on borrow status, if I can purchase it from you... but, Thank you so much for that offer.

I'm also doing the four arches, which is my first pixel addition.

This hobby is so nice when you can see your work come to life for the holiday season and watching others enjoying it. But, it can be hard to be motivated the first half of the year. Last year I started in July with sequencing. This year I was so busy with other areas of life that I didn't get started till late August.
Just today, one of the contractors we have helping with a project at work said he brought his grandkids by and watched the show at our house and has been telling others they need to check it out. It's so humbling to hear that. Last year was my first show.

Oh great. Yes, please. My yahoo email is the same "rjlangley". Let's communicate that way. What a bummer.

Back