Need Help

Terry Abbey

HELP. I recently purchased a F16A-B controller with beaglebone and sd card. I have tried numerous times to set it up and am completely lost. When powered up I only get half the lights to light up during test. Some how today it stopped lighting up any lights during test. I am not a computer person. I want to get involved in this hobby so bad but am getting frustrated and discouraged. Im not sure what command i hit to stop the board from working during test. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated

Post a copy of your F16A-B output screen.

When using TEST, you eliminate the need for any input, therefore the data on your OUTPUT screen data and TEST Channels and Click Button is all that in needed to turn on lights.

Your setup tells me you have 200 lights connected in one string to port one.
A port will typically only power 100 lights @12v and 50 lights @5v

Assume you have a @12v system
Try moving the second hundred to port 2, remove port 1 line 2 and put that data on port 2
Now retest

Also….FPP sets test channels to what it thinks it knows. Verify the start and end channel cover the light you want to light. I would think start should be 1 and end should be 300

Drop the Brightness to 30%, you can easily run 200 pixels of a single port. Make sure to go in under the E1.31/Artnet tab and set the universes as well. Falcon and Kulp both utilize basically the same interface. You will need start universe 1, and 2 universe's for you total count, set the universe size to 510
1.31.PNG

Don't set any universes unless you are outputting to another controller or running bridge mode.

They also defined e1.31 output. If the sequence is running on the Kulp controller (FPP) with the cape...there is no e1.31 output.
Sorry, missed that screen shot.

Yes, as Mike points out. You need to remove the enable in e1.31 screen. That is your picture 2 of 3
If appears to conflict with data entered on f16 screen.

Need some advice. I have a SanDevices E682 with a 350w power supply. I am running 450 pixel setup at approximately 50 percent brightness. My issue is that I have 250 ray wu pixels and 200 that I received from Gilbert Engineering. I am trying to add the 200 from Gilbert and when I connect them they do not turn on.
1. I have used a day wu strand to verify the test run is working when power is applied.
2. I have then connected the strand directly with connector and when power and neutral are applied with no Comm wire the light.
2. With Comm connected they do not come on or are intermittent.
. Not sure why I am having this issue. I have also set things up so that there is a shared common ground with no change.

Thoughts anyone. Any and all help is appreciated.

Kris

Need some advice. I have a SanDevices E682 with a 350w power supply. I am running 450 pixel setup at approximately 50 percent brightness. My issue is that I have 250 ray wu pixels and 200 that I received from Gilbert Engineering. I am trying to add the 200 from Gilbert and when I connect them they do not turn on.
1. I have used a day wu strand to verify the test run is working when power is applied.
2. I have then connected the strand directly with connector and when power and neutral are applied with no Comm wire the light.
2. With Comm connected they do not come on or are intermittent.
. Not sure why I am having this issue. I have also set things up so that there is a shared common ground with no change.

Thoughts anyone. Any and all help is appreciated.

Kris

Should start your own thread. Suggest title . . Need help with E682

Back