Need to set Renard output plugin to Com 4 in Vixen 2

kdoyon

Hi everyone,

I'm using Vixen 2.0 to test a Renard SS8 board that I just hooked up. I have it set to use the Renard output plug-in

When I run the test, I get a pop-up error message that says something about no output on Com 1. My USB to RS485 converter is on COM 4 on my Windows machine.

Do I need to change a setting to let Vixen know that the adapter is on Com 4? If so, how do I do that?

Ken

Hi everyone,

I'm using Vixen 2.0 to test a Renard SS8 board that I just hooked up. I have it set to use the Renard output plug-in

When I run the test, I get a pop-up error message that says something about no output on Com 1. My USB to RS485 converter is on COM 4 on my Windows machine.

Do I need to change a setting to let Vixen know that the adapter is on Com 4? If so, how do I do that?

Ken

Go to Setup Display and click on the controller name in the right hand column. Select the settings icon (gear) at the bottom. You should be able to select the proper port there.

kdoyon,

I have Vixen 2.1.3.0. Not sure if it is the same but on mine open vixen then on the left top open SEQUENCE then OPEN AN EVENT SEQUENCE or go to recent and open a sequence then in the far left top is ATTACHED PLUGINS, click on that to open it then the box to the right side should have the Renard plugin listed(If not click it in the left side box). Now in the right box click on the Renard Dimmer Modified then to the right of that is a tab PLUGIN SETUP, click that. I use protocol version 1 and check Hold Port Open, Then click on SERIAL SETUP. There you can tell Vixen what port to use and you can set baud rate ect. I hope this is what you are looking for.

Back