New Sub-category Under Display Items?

Some Guy

I suggest adding another sub-category under Display Items, called Floodlights, or something of the sort.

I'd like to submit something that I've built, and I don't want it to "get lost" in the wrong category.

I'm new to DIYC, so forgive me if all of you already know the answers...

DIYC has both a Forum and a Wiki. The Forum has descriptions about how items such as Megatrees, Arches, etc. are built, but so does the Wiki. Sometimes the same content is referenced in both places. So, if display construction processes are provided do they belong on the Forum, the Wiki, or both? How would I know?

It's clear that if a member wants to _discuss_ how to construct something with back-and-forth Q&A that it belongs in the Forum. But if it's a straightforward _how-to_ that a member would like to share, which is the proper place for the information?

A follow-up question is that the Wiki apparently requires a Login separate from the Forum. However on the Wiki there is a place to Login, but no place to Register - at least that I can find. How does a person get access to the Wiki?
* Note that when I go to the Wiki Login page an error message: "Deprecated: Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated in /home/doityour/public_html/wiki/includes/utils/MWCryptRand.php on line 241" appears at the top of the screen.
* Maybe this bug is keeping a Registration option from showing up on the Login page?

I'm new to DIYC, so forgive me if all of you already know the answers...

DIYC has both a Forum and a Wiki. The Forum has descriptions about how items such as Megatrees, Arches, etc. are built, but so does the Wiki. Sometimes the same content is referenced in both places. So, if display construction processes are provided do they belong on the Forum, the Wiki, or both? How would I know?

It's clear that if a member wants to _discuss_ how to construct something with back-and-forth Q&A that it belongs in the Forum. But if it's a straightforward _how-to_ that a member would like to share, which is the proper place for the information?

A follow-up question is that the Wiki apparently requires a Login separate from the Forum. However on the Wiki there is a place to Login, but no place to Register - at least that I can find. How does a person get access to the Wiki?
* Note that when I go to the Wiki Login page an error message: "Deprecated: Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated in /home/doityour/public_html/wiki/includes/utils/MWCryptRand.php on line 241" appears at the top of the screen.
* Maybe this bug is keeping a Registration option from showing up on the Login page?

Back