New Windows

Are the shutters the only support structure for the whole frame? Do you have any photos you could share? I find J channel 10x easier to drill than 1/2" PVC and I'm stuck in a similar situation where my windows are a white vinyl 1.25" edge (with the siding coming in behind that white edge). I'm really hesitant to drill into that white edge and I've wondered if the shutters can withstand the weight of a PVC frame. The more I think this through, the more I think J channel would work well because the longer side of the J could "rest against" the shutter's side, lay on the top edge, etc. The bay windows have no shutters so that'll complicate things for me for sure.

So I am only using SuperString LEDs so I just have the strings zip-tied to the PVC. Looking at my installation again I noticed that while I have the bottom clips screwed into the shutter, the upper clips are screwed into the trim board over my windows (and some of yours), but I am confident enough in the shutter clips to say that they could certainly support my frames if used both top and bottom.

20181031_092538.jpg 20181031_092651.jpg 20181031_092610.jpg

This has gotten me thinking about how I would do this differently if I was starting with pixel nodes. I think I would attach two pipe clips to hold a horizonal bar both above and below the window, use Boscoyo's ChromaTrim for the Horizontals and just strech standard pixel strips between the two for the verticals. That way when you take it down you can just roll it up. Just a thought.

Guys, I understand that the question is out of place, but I did not find the right thread.

In 2020, I wanted to decorate the house normally, but there was no time for that, so I decided to prepare for 2021 (much in advance. Lol). I just have free time now.
Long story short, how much money does it take to completely decorate a home?
I want to decorate every window and roof and entrance. I have 4 windows facing the street (kitchen, toilet and living room). The house is approximately 13 meters (approximately 43 feet) long and 3 meters (approximately 10 feet) high.

Based on this, how much money will need to be spent?

It's impossible to answer your question. "Completely decorate" -- what does that mean? "4 windows facing the street": what are their dimensions? Are you planning to light the roof or the house outline? Along the gutters/roof edge? How about bushes, trees and shrubs? Garage? Sidewalk or driveway? What kind of lights will you use? All these things make a difference.

You need to do your homework. Figure out WHAT you want to light that means "completely decorate." Take measurements. Do some homework on types of lights that people use. Look at some videos on YouTube.

It's impossible to answer your question. "Completely decorate" -- what does that mean? "4 windows facing the street": what are their dimensions? Are you planning to light the roof or the house outline? Along the gutters/roof edge? How about bushes, trees and shrubs? Garage? Sidewalk or driveway? What kind of lights will you use? All these things make a difference.

You need to do your homework. Figure out WHAT you want to light that means "completely decorate." Take measurements. Do some homework on types of lights that people use. Look at some videos on YouTube.

Here's a great start for you: https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101 Part-way down the page there's a bold headline that says "I Want The Full Manual" and there's a download link for the PDF file. Read through it, jot down some notes on what you would like to accomplish, and come back here with a more specific plan. Honestly, Dirk is not being cruel and he's right - there's no way any of us here could even give you a ballpark figure without knowing what you want to do.

Are you looking to use pixels or traditional LED string lights? If pixels, another resource to leverage is David Henry's Learn Christmas Lighting videos on youtube. He has one specifically related to the cost of a basic set up.

https://youtu.be/pIQTwCcVOps

But everyone who has replied is right, there are a lot of considerations. For a pixel show you will need controller(s), power supplies, wiring, mounting strip etc. If you are looking for a very rough estimate if you knew your spacing and how many pixels you were looking to use I believe a very ballpark number is $1 per pixel. So if you are looking at 2,500 pixels you can expect to spend a few thousand on the initial set up. But once you have the infrastructure in place and just add pixels and props in future years the overall cost per pixel would decrease. But this was a fairly accurate representation of what I saw in my first pixel year.

Tim

i have them permanent on the house used pvc trim and white pex 1/2 and made it part of the trim work.
i have a post on https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=10652&share_type=t&link_source=app
that
b3a31cdf80faf7d75a300c1ed19cdff0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back