Nutcracker: bug fix, scrolling text

smeighan

Can someone try scrolling text on Vixen? I rewrote the module that outputs the code, make_vixen.php,
Please try both the vir file and the vix file.

I next need to fix the make_lor.php to have the same fix,

thanks

array_to_save
username f
user_target AA
effect_class text
effect_name TEXT1
text1 Merry Christmas
text2 TUNE to 88.5fm
window_degrees 180
text1_color #FF0829
text2_color #08FF31
frame_delay 100
topPixel 5
seq_duration 8
show_frame n
submit Submit Form to create your effect
OBJECT_NAME text

Tree: 16 strings x 100 pixels folded giving 32x50

AA+TEXT1.gif

Last edited:
did you try the vir file?

i think it works and the vix file has the problem. one other user has reported that it works for him correctly.

Yes, I tried it as a .VIR (routine) file. I'll play with it a little more tonight and let you know.... thanks!

I was able to get this to work properly! I had to convert my target from 32 strings and 20 pixels folded once to 16 strings and 40 pixels folded twice. This made the text effect work properly in vixen. Thanks!

christmas_text.jpg
24 strings x 50 pixles. no folds, seems to still be erratic from a vir & vix file.
As if the output needs to be rotated 90 degrees, if that makes sense.

Ran a test last night to my tree and it was still all over the place . Just random lines.
I had a look at the output files and found that it just doesn't put each line in the correct place.

I have attached 3 vix files ;
MTREE_SEAN+TEXTNUT is the vir as created by nutcracker
VIRimport is created using Routine Loader
Manualfix is Cut and pasted to the correct channels.

VIRimport looks right at a glance but on closer inspection it does not output to the correct pixels.
MTREE_SEAN+TEXTNUT is way off , text is askew.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Manualfix.vix
    907.7 KB · Views: 6
  • MTREE_SEAN+TEXTNUT.vix
    992.9 KB · Views: 3
  • VIRimport.vix
    961.7 KB · Views: 4
it seems like various effects (garland, text) work better when you have your rgb strings folded over at least twice. When I specified one fold, I was unable to get these effects to generate properly.

Back