OKC Area Mini 2009

gmbartlett

Ok folks,

Here we go again... (our 4th annual event)

I would like to announce another OK-Mini PLUS here in central Oklahoma. As last year, it will be held at my house. I will be co-hosting this with Tom, aka Santa’s Helper on PC.

Date: TBD (mid to late April (18th or 25th))
A map will be provided in a later update.
Time: 1:00pm till 10:00pm (or when we get tired) yea right.

Open to all DIYC members!!! Newbies and oldies.

Free admission, free lance and free spotlight.
All you have to do is attend, share and have fun!!!
Meat tray and such will be provided. This means we eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

Strongly recommended: Bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.

There have been great ideas shared and posted since our last gathering. I would like to see those ideas in person, along with everyone else who attends.

There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any training/sharing or showing videos of our displays.

Now is the time to shine. Chime in and mention what you would like to see/show/share.

What would you like to see???

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be a swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

As mentioned earlier, there is "no cost" to attend the OK-Mini. We will provide sandwiches and other finger/snack foods for your enjoyment. There is no schedule to keep up with once things get started.

I will provide updates with hotel info, maps and other events going on in the area during the mini for family members not interested in the mini and looking for something else to do.

Soooo stay tuned for further updates.

Reminder: your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or contact me @ gregory_m_bartlett@hotmail.com

Thank you, and let the fun begin

I will be there.
Let me know if you need anything.

As far as what I would like to see.
I am thinking of doing a Ledtricks sign.
If anyone has one they could bring.

Off topic, but man, I feel for you all there right now, with the weather and tornadoes!!! I'm sure I speak for every one, when I say our thoughts are with you!!!

I go to the Post Offices training center down there in Norman, and just missed the last big one, that wiped out Moore. Went home for a week between classes, when it hit - I couldn't believe the devastation when I got back to Norman!

Hope everyone is all right.

Roger

Just a quick update, Tom and I have decided to host the mini-PLUS on 25 April 2009. We will start around 1pm and go until whenever.

As pointed out before we will have a sandwich tray and other goodies to munch on so we can eat when we want and keep the fun going.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone that came last year and meeting some new friends.

I would like to say anyone from out of town can crash at my place but my wife will only go so far; so, I will be posting hotel information soon.

See you soon,
Greg

It is only about a month until this year's Mini. I'm attaching a link to several hotels in the Norman, OK area for those guests that are coming in from out of town.

http://www.hotels.com/processIndexS...umrooms=1&adults[0]=2&child[0]=0&refined=true

The address for the Mini is:

1103 Little River Rd
Norman, OK

My phone number is 405-326-8037 in case anyone needs directions or assistance.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting a few new friends also.

See you in a month!

[size=+3]!!! ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT !!![/size]

[size=+2]Until the best ever OKC Area Mini.[/size]​

There will be a Friday night pre-Mini get together at Tom's, aka Santa's Helper on PC, 3D Haunted Dungeon ride in Bricktown. This will start around 7:00 and go until ???

The Saturday event will start around 1:00 but you are welcome to come anytime in the morning, we will just be setting up.

I hope to see a lot of DIY people there. Please help to make this the best OKC Area Mini ever.

Greg,
I plan to come. I plan on bringing an LEDTriks, as someone stated they'd like to see one.

I was the one wanting to see the LEDTriks.
I am really glad you are bringing it.
This should be a fun weekend!

Back