OKC Area Mini-PLUS 2012

Please Help Us Select a Date for the Mini-PLUS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmbartlett

[size=+2]I would like to announce our 7th annual central Oklahoma Mini Plus.[/size]

As with the last few years I will be hosting this at my house in Norman.

Date: 21 April 2012
Location: 1103 Little River Rd, Norman (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...468,-97.424985&spn=0.001318,0.003259&t=h&z=19)
Time: 1:00 pm until ???
Admission: Free as always

[size=+1]Open to all DIYC members and families!!! Newbies and Oldies.[/size]

We plan to continue the same free style, free form get together that has worked very well for us in the past. However, if someone would like to make a formal presentation or class we can schedule it in.

There are several other topics that are possibilities for presentations such as:
1) Leaping Arches
2) Mini Trees
3) Sequencing
4) Anything you would like to present

If you would be willing to give a presentation please let me know. There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any presentations or videos.

We will be providing a meat tray and other finger food so we can eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

The only thing we ask, is for you to bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

I will provide updates with hotel info, maps and other events going on in the area during the Mini for family members not interested in the Mini and looking for something else to do.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Reminder: Your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or PM me at GMBartlett.

Last edited:
Awesome Greg!
I won't miss it this year.
If you are looking for suggestions I would like to learn about DMX.
Thanks we appreciate you doing this.

I could show you some dmx equipment. Although the equipment i have is lynx equipment, and not the controllers on here. I believe the renard can be controlled by dmx with the right firmware. Also rpms design of controllers will run on dmx. I believe Gregs equipment can also run dmx.
Stuff i am thinking about bringing:
1. Desktop computer with 2 monitors/ i could show how to use lightshowpro 2.0 with dual monitors;as well as, how to set up a sequence to operate controllers.
2. Lynx Dongle, wireless module
3. Lnyx Controllers-ssr4, lynx express -both wireless and wired.
4. Talking pumpkin face.
5. I also just learned how to sequence 3 axis talking skulls easier using vixen.

I also have some frames i want to sale. I am attaching pictures of the frames.100_0671.jpg100_0673.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to attend but being new don't have much to add to the mix one thing I have not been able to do is make a de9 to rj45 connection. I know it is clearly written in the wiki how to do it just haven't gotten the courage to cut a cat5 cable and try. Maybe if I bring the stuff someone could give me some hands on help. Other than that I'm just eager to learn and meet others that share this interest.
I voted the 14th but am always off work on satardays so any one of those dates would work for me.

Hey hollandihjtdisplay,
that would be cool. you are correct I am wanting to learn to control DMX through a renard.
however, i would love to get a high overview of lightshow pro.
Should be a good time!

You would just have to get the renard programed with the right firmware for dmx. Then have someone help you on hooking one up; i have no experience with the equipment on here. I do not know if there is any doityourselfchristmas.com guys going to besides Greg. He might be able to help you. Most of the guys at the mini are mainly lor, then there is me and two other guys who know how to use the lynx equipment.

And our actual name is Holland light display, i made a typing error and don't know how to change it.

I would like to see light o ramas sequencing software just curious about it I currently use vixen and like vixen just fine just curious.

Dgreen I am a diyc guy and I also run renard controllers I do not run dmx though. I do beleive it is just a firmware change

It looks like the date most people requested is 21 April. So I will host the mini on that day starting at 1:00 pm. Please RSVP to me at gregory_m_bartlett?hotmail.com (replace ? with @) or send a PM to me and let me know how many people will be coming. That way I can estimate the amount of food needed.

See you in about a month!

Last edited:
I will be there as long as my wife is not on call that weekend. If I can make it would be me and my wife. Excited about the 3 axis talking skulls. I have never been to one of these so I really hope to be there.

Any new updates on what needs to be brought?

The OKC Mini is next weekend. Okie Jay will be bringing some sliced smoked turkey and ham. I think KFXI will be bringing the rolls. We will provide some queso/chips and baked beans. My wife and kids always want to bake some treats. So I would expect some brownies and/or cookies also.

If you would like to bring some soda or another side item that would be great. Please just let me know what you will be bringing so I can coordinate with anyone else that asks.

See you next weekend!

I am contributing this banner i had made for the mini. It is high grade outdoor vinyl. Cost me around 20 dollars with shipping. Is this enough or do i need to bring more. Is there going to be enough people to bring food for the mini?

Attachments

• lp.jpg
    lp.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 25
I am contributing this banner i had made for the mini. It is high grade outdoor vinyl. Cost me around 20 dollars with shipping. Is this enough or do i need to bring more. Is there going to be enough people to bring food for the mini?

That looks like a nice sign. That will be plenty. We have enough people bringing food and I'll be providing the rest.

See you on Saturday,

I so wanted to attend this event but I messed up and started remodeling my bathroom this week. So now being without a bathroom at the house it kinda overides blinky flashy projects. Is it gonna be an all day long event? If so maybe I can make it in the afternoon, I really wanted to meet you guys and see all the cool stuff.

Back