Oklahoma Shows? (And an introduction)

scedward

Hi, I'm sorta new around here. I live in NW OKC. I've lurked around DIYC for a couple of years and this year I finally took the plunge and have a few lights blinking around the house. I got in on one of the late group buys for two Renard SS16's which I now have running. One small mega tree(8ft) and a few other small things. Not much of a show really, as I just didn't have time to sequence to music, and I don't have a transmitter yet anyway. I've got the mega tree spinning around and doing a few simple things like that. Lots of fun! (I need to start before Nov next year!)

Anyway, my wife and I would like to check out your light show if anyone in the OKC area would like to share your location. A PM would be fine if you don't want to share publicly.....

-Scott

Scott,
Welcome to the party. I understand how much time it takes to sequence the lights to the music, but how about a simple suggestion. Don't use music this year. Just set up some transitions which make your display show its "stuff" and then just loop it. Flashing and blinking lights look much better that just a static display. Have fun with what you have now and start planning for next year. Sounds like you have enough stuff to have plenty of fun with... Enjoy it...

Jerry in Louisiana

The way I see it you have about 11 months and a few weeks to make next years all you want!!!!

It's a whole ball of fun.... Congrats

Scott,
Welcome to the party. I understand how much time it takes to sequence the lights to the music, but how about a simple suggestion. Don't use music this year. Just set up some transitions which make your display show its "stuff" and then just loop it. Flashing and blinking lights look much better that just a static display. Have fun with what you have now and start planning for next year. Sounds like you have enough stuff to have plenty of fun with... Enjoy it...

Jerry in Louisiana

Thats what I've done so far. I've got about 5 minutes worth of the tree doing it thing(spinning, fading in/out...etc) with a few other transitions and just loop that throughout the evening.

This is a very addictive hobby!

-Scott

Hi, I'm sorta new around here. I live in NW OKC. I've lurked around DIYC for a couple of years and this year I finally took the plunge and have a few lights blinking around the house. I got in on one of the late group buys for two Renard SS16's which I now have running. One small mega tree(8ft) and a few other small things. Not much of a show really, as I just didn't have time to sequence to music, and I don't have a transmitter yet anyway. I've got the mega tree spinning around and doing a few simple things like that. Lots of fun! (I need to start before Nov next year!)

Anyway, my wife and I would like to check out your light show if anyone in the OKC area would like to share your location. A PM would be fine if you don't want to share publicly.....

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the hobby! While I didn't do a display this year (a little burned out and too busy supporting the Helix) there are several in the area. You can find a good list of them at: http://www.mestalights.com/links.html

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the hobby! While I didn't do a display this year (a little burned out and too busy supporting the Helix) there are several in the area. You can find a good list of them at: http://www.mestalights.com/links.html

Thanks for the reply Greg. I ran onto the Mesta Lights website yesterday, believe it our not. My wife, myself and another couple went by the Mesta Park house last night and really enjoyed the show. (Of course I had to walk over and take a peak up close, which everyone else thought was silly!) My wife is now fully on board with my vision of having a nice christmas light show! Woohoo! She just didn't get it until she saw what I was talking about in person.

We also went by the neighborhood show over by lake Overholster(a full block). (Markwell Lights) Are they using a Helix system for that?

I also found another house a few blocks from where I live that has a nice show.

-Scott

I have a show in Mcloud Oklahoma its just about thirty minutes east of Okc. If you can get to Mcloud there is an exit for Mcloud road on I40 just go to the sonic I live behind it I am the only house in town blinking to music. Would love for you to see the show. 4 songs

I'm a little late in finding this, but Welcome! I am in Midwest City, Just north of 15th off Midwest Blvd. We'll probably come out to take a look! This is my first year to have a show and it's been so much fun!

Welcome!

I'm a little late in finding this, but Welcome! I am in Midwest City, Just north of 15th off Midwest Blvd. We'll probably come out to take a look! This is my first year to have a show and it's been so much fun!

Welcome!

if you were refering to me the lights are on at 5:30 every night, and I added one song since this post.

The last night for me will be Sunday Night the first. This has been a whole lot of fun, I'd be alright running it till well past easter I think.

Back