Olsen 595 using a ExprssCard Parallel port adapter

DECow

I purchased an Express Card Serial Parallel Combo Card for my laptop. According to the I/O address range it is from 5008 to 500F and 5000 to 5007. When setting up the controller it gives me the option of selecting LPT1, LPT2, LPT3 or Other. Since the card I bought has assigned it to the non statard address for the other choices I chose Other and put the address of 5000. I also tried it as 5008 but neither one works. Has anyone got any ideas on how to make this work? Does the Other selection work when assigning the controller setup to a port? Help Help Please!!!!!!!

Sorry, I tossed my Grinch two years ago, but as far as I can recall it wasn't working with USB/Parallel adapters.
There may be a way around it, but I remember that I bought an old Mainboard off ebay when my show computer died, because I needed one with on-board parallel port.

The PCI adaptor is definitely going to put the I/O ports at high addresses. What program are you using to access the board?
The driver may not be able to reach the PCI addresses. Do you know which address range is the serial port and which is the parallel port?
You have the driver installed right? I assume so because I don't know how else you would figure out what I/O ports its using now.
You may need to change the mode to SPP or something.
Tony M.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doesn't work", but a few years back I bought some pci parallel port adapter. The idea was to have the m/b parallel adapter drive my lights, the pci board was going to drive my neighbors lights. The adapter eventually worked with my 595 once I used the simple595p output plugin to extend the pulses to 2 cycles instead of one. (Thanks KC!)

Back