One dim bulb

slim00209

I have one dim bulb in the middle of my roof line. Incandescent mini lights... I replaced the bulb but it's the same. I thought maybe I was losing my current but the next one lights up just fine. I'm no where near an electrician, so please help me out.

Did you replace it with a spare from the same type of set that's installed? It sounds like you may have put in a spare light from a 100 string light into a 300 strand. There are several different values on incan strings, some vary from manufacturer,some vary from 100 string lights to 300 string lights. I've also found them to vary with different colors versus clear.
I label all my spares by manufacturer and quantity of lights. found out the hard way!

I have one dim bulb in the middle of my roof line. Incandescent mini lights... I replaced the bulb but it's the same. I thought maybe I was losing my current but the next one lights up just fine. I'm no where near an electrician, so please help me out.

As Yosemite mentioned, you likely have the wrong voltage. Most 50ct, 100ct and 300 ct strings are made up of 50 bulb segments so the bulbs are ~2.5 volt. You may have replacement bulbs from a weird 20 ct string. The easiest way to switch the bulb with one that is good in another socket. If it's still DIM, then there is something wrong with the socket. If it truly is in the middle, then that's where the 2 50 ct. circuits meet. You will notice the socket is usually a bit bigger and has 3 wires going into it.

All that said, I would not kill yourself over a single Mini-Light. You are the only one who will notice it. Especially on a roofline!

Thanks for the help, I'll double check today. I pretty positive that no one will notice one bulb but it's safe to say that I have a small case of OCD. If I can't fix it, it will stay for this season but will find itself in the junk strands next. I plan on all LED and RGB next year anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that same problem while testing a string in the work shop. I pulled a different bulb right from the same strand and it too was dim! I'm guessing there is a problem with the socket.

Dale P.

I have one dim bulb in the middle of my roof line. Incandescent mini lights... I replaced the bulb but it's the same.

I've had this a few times in the past also. In my case, I was using a regular bulb in one of those "super bright" strings (or vice versa, forget which case it was) - they were both 100 ct strings, but the bulbs had different resistance.

don

I have started going bat shit crazy on buying pixels, so I'm hoping not to deal with these again. I'm sure I'll run into much more complex issues though. In that case, I'll definitely be back for help. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back