Oversize C9 Pixel Bulb

MichiganLights

Last year I missed out on a clearance sale at a big box store for some large lighted bulbs. So I though how hard can it be to 3D print and make your own. Start something new, add a steep learning curve, and 10 months later.

Attachments

• Big C9 Bulb.jpg
    Big C9 Bulb.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Big C9 Bulb Pixel Filament.jpg
    Big C9 Bulb Pixel Filament.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Big C9 Bulb Parts.jpg
    Big C9 Bulb Parts.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 45
  • In The Yard.jpg
    In The Yard.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Color_Clip(1).mp3
    1.1 MB
Congratulations! Looks cool. I like that is something you did. It is similar to other designs for big bulbs but puts your own twist on it.

Thanks for the lighted pictures as well (it is the Color_Clip(1).mp3 link if anyone is wondering what they look like lit up).

Congratulations! Looks cool. I like that is something you did. It is similar to other designs for big bulbs but puts your own twist on it.

Thanks for the lighted pictures as well (it is the Color_Clip(1).mp3 link if anyone is wondering what they look like lit up).
I have to give credit to the Rbc9 post in this sub-forum for the inspiration. And at just under 10$ each I can't complain.

As for the colors, pictures don't do it justice. I run these with a custom dimming curve to correct the grey scale so all color combinations are fairly accurate. Those BTF strips are terrible out of the box for color accuracy, aside from the primaries.

Looks great. I like how you did mounted the LED strip. is that a cusom print?

-Tony
Yes full custom designed in fusion360. Getting plastic threads to fit was a fun exercise.

I'm already planing a rev. The 14watt 48 LEDs was excessively bright, I over estimated what was needed.

Attachments

• GreyScale.jpg
    GreyScale.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Bulb Cost.jpg
    Bulb Cost.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back