PCB Prototypes

mndless

Have been using Elecrow for a while, have no complaints... other than the 4 week turn around, or so...

And that is in no way an enditement of Elecrow.. the fact that they can turn out boards within a week and get them shipped is impressive. Simple fact is, it then takes several weeks to get the boards delivered.

So... for those cases where you really need something quickly, is there a fast state side service anyone would recommend?? for small batch prototypes ???

Just had a board design failure... haven't yet sorted out the issue, but would really like to not wait another 4 weeks to get the next batch.... I know small batches state side is probably going to be a hurdle... but, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Muchos Gracias

So... for those cases where you really need something quickly, is there a fast state side service anyone would recommend?? for small batch prototypes ???

ExpressPCB isn't the cheapest, but their mini-board prototype service isn't too expensive if your design will fit within their pre-determined size. You can get boards back from them in less than a week and they are good quality. Their software is proprietary, but easy to learn. There is also a way to get Gerbers out of it if you want to switch to another vendor after prototyping.

Oshpark is also good. They take a little longer than ExpressPCB (but not much), and they don't have the board size restrictions like the ExpressPCB mini-board service.

don

Last edited:
DHL when you order from elecrow normally it takes 3 days. I can normal have stuff in a week from them. Basically the same about of time a usa provider oshpark.com takes.

Last edited:
I also found www.sunstone.com, which will give you a single proto board in one week for around $50 or less... initially, it looks like you have to use their software...

This looks like the ticket... they have downloadable CAM files to convert eagle files into their native format... They advertise 1 week turn around... might as well give this a try and see how it goes....

Thanks all for the help and input !

I was going to suggest DHL, but someone already did. I usually get my boards in 2 days when shipped from Elecrow via DHL.

I was amazed to get my dual pixel bridges in two days via dhl. Also included a couple ws5200 shields too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I just ordered 130 boards from smart prototyping and they were great.
I just ordered 130 more.

With shipping I paid about $1.30 a board for a mix of 5x5, 5x10 and 10x10 cm boards.

From order time to my door was about 2 weeks.

I've always used oshpark.. Boards are great quality, cheap and include shipping. Usually have boards in hand about 1.5 weeks after uploading Gerber's. Site generates realistic drawings of final board from Gerber's as final confirmation which is very handy.

Back