PCB Wizard / Circuit Wizard

knguyen220

Has anyone heard of this or messed with this application?

It seems to have a wizard that automatically produces a PCB layout?

Here is the site
http://www.new-wave-concepts.com

This is cool:
PCB Wizard
Designing Circuit Boards
To design a circuit board, simply drag and drop components onto your document and connect them together using the intelligent wiring tool. Then select the menu option 'Convert to PCB' and leave PCB Wizard 3 to do the rest for you.

If you want to simulate your design before turning it into a circuit board, PCB Wizard 3 offers tight integration with Control Studio 2 and Livewire.

Component Placement
Strategic component placement is critical to achieving successful routing and PCB Wizard 3 has been greatly enhanced in this area. The process is now fully automated and PCB Wizard 3 is able to calculate an optimum board size for you and intelligently position components in preparation for automatic routing.

Automatic Routing
PCB Wizard 3 includes an advanced automatic router that is able to route single-layer and double-layer boards. Available with a brand new 'rip-up and retry' algorithm rather than the 'single-pass' method used in previous versions, PCB Wizard 3 achieves extremely high completion rates by going back and re-routing nets to make space for connections that could not be routed on a previous pass.

Style Views
Styles are a powerful PCB Wizard 3 feature that greatly simplifies the process of viewing circuits. They are particularly useful when assembling and soldering circuit boards.

The styles themselves are simply combinations of various display options that alter how the circuit looks. By clicking on the different preset style settings you can see a board in 'Real-world' (3D look), 'Artwork' (finished film), 'Unpopulated' (board without components) and 'Prototype' (pre-production board) views.

Copper Pour
PCB Wizard 3 features a powerful new copper pour system that can help to reduce your manufacturing costs by minimizing the amount of etching solution required. To use it, all you have to do is insert a copper area on your board and any pad or track inside the selected area will be automatically surrounded with a gap of the desired size. As you update your design, the copper area is re-calculated.

CAD/CAM
PCB Wizard 3 provides support for a number of different manufacturing output formats. You can produce Excellon Drill files for numerically controlled (N.C.) drilling machines as well as generate data files for third party software, thus enabling PCBs to be machined without the need for chemical etching.

PCB Wizard 3 can also produce the industry standard RS-274D and RS-274X Gerber files for sending to board manufacturers.
Report Generation
As with Livewire, a Bill of Materials spreadsheet can be produced containing properties assigned to the components in your design. PCB Wizard 3 lets you define the exact format of the report and it is possible to total up numeric properties for costings, and so forth.

petefats said:
Oh yeah, aight. Aight, I put on my robe and wizard hat.

it would be nice if you stick to the topic instead of trying to crack a joke. :) Has anyone heard of this or have used it.

I have used it. They have it at my school. PCB Wizard 3 is ok. I need to read the help guide a bit to see how it works and learn more about the details. I did draw up one board. The only thing is the library seems to be limited. No RJ45 jack and a couple other things :(

Ben

I have used it. They have it at my school. PCB Wizard 3 is ok. I need to read the help guide a bit to see how it works and learn more about the details. I did draw up one board. The only thing is the library seems to be limited. No RJ45 jack and a couple other things :(

Ben

I noticed that too. However, it looks like it has the ability to create components if need be. I'll have to mess with it a little. I was able to get a hold of the professional verion if anyone wants to try it out.

I noticed that too. However, it looks like it has the ability to create components if need be. I'll have to mess with it a little. I was able to get a hold of the professional verion if anyone wants to try it out.

Nice. I can't put on anythig at the school comps or take it off so i will have to tinker it when I get back.

Bne

Back