Philly MINI July 15th 2012 is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbro

ADDRESS FOR THE MINI
Christ Church Episcopal
104 Nevin Street
Ridley Park, PA 19078

It is just South of the Philadelphia International Airport right off of I-95 Using the Ridley Park Exit.

The Church is on the corner of Nevin Street and Sellers Avenue. We will be in Mussellman's Hall directly behind the Church on Nevin Street.

UPDATE!!!!!
We will be entering through the alley of the church not the front doors.

When standing on Sellers Avenue looking at the building, to the right is the alley, walk up the alley and you will see a set of double doors. I will post a sign on them. Enter those doors and the stair is on your right. follow the stair to the second floor the hall is on the second floor.

*****If you are coming from the PA turnpike****

Take PA I-476 S toward Chester

Merge onto I-95 N via the exit on the left toward Philadelphia.

Take EXIT 8 toward US-13/Ridley Park.

Turn left onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the top of the ramp)

Turn right onto Chester Pike/US-13 (Traffic Light)

Take the 2nd left onto W Sellers Ave. (Traffic light)

Take the 2nd left onto Nevin St.

Christ Church Ridley Park is on the left.

******Coming from points North using I-95******

Take I-95 South

Turn right onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the end of the ramp)

******Coming from points South using I-95******

Take I-95 North

Turn Left onto S Stewart Ave. (Traffic light at the end of the ramp)

You can park along Sellers Avenue or on Nevin Street.

Please be aware that when parking your car, you must face the direction of traffic, the borough police are a stickler for that.

Hello everyone!
I reserved the room on Friday, I pay for it on Monday.
The name of the Church is Christ Church in Ridley Park PA. It is tight off the exit of I-95 just south of the Philadelphia International Airport. (5 minutes tops)
The room cost $300 and we have it from 11:30 am. until 5:30 pm. I will pay for the room and ask if anyone would like to make a donation to help cover that cost, it would be greatly appriciated, BUT NOT REQUIRED to attend. If you would like to make a donation, send me a PM and I will give you my paypal account. THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE GENEROUSLY DONATED!!!

There are a few good hoagie/pizza shops nearby that we can order food for a late lunch (so bring some spending money!). I will do my best to make some cookies. (that is to make Ron drive from MA, cookies motivate him :))

Our fearless leader Brian has secured some door prizes for a free raffle, some of the venders here have graciously offered items to us!! We must thank our supporters that support us!!!

Now what can't we do there?

Well, no adult beverages, it is a Church!
No Smoking in or around the buildings.
No welding or soldering lessons.

What can we do?

I think a for sale/swap area is a great idea. (I know I have alot of new mini lights I won't need as I am going LED this year)

Can someone that is familiar with Vixen 3.0 could do a demo?

How about someone explaining how all the magic smoke works on our boards? (what really happens in the opto?)

Brian will have a little discussion on the start of DIYC, for those that don't know how it all got started at this great website.

Ken (Kenl) will talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, and help with electrical questions.
Ken has also vonlumteered to bring a projector and an internet connected Laptop! THANKS KEN!!!

We now have a demo of Nutcracker planned!!!

We are limited to the room for our gathering, but it has high ceilings (maybe 15' in the center) so if someone wants to show display items they made?

Anyone want to talk about RGB and F.A.S.T.? Maybe someone can do a small demo?

As for pixels, I would love to see a demo

If anyone has any ideas of what they would like to do, send me a PM and I will add it to this list!

Let's make this a great mini!!!

Lou

UPDATE

Needed to change the times. The times as shown above are correct. They wanted us to wait until Mass was over, they mistakenly thought the 15th was a Saturday.

attendee list:
lbro
macrosill
pmcpa
DanoNJ
Jeff Millard
JKlingert
Ponddude
CJC (my Brother-in-law, not a member here)
RonP
Shades67
Kenl
cenote
Gmbartold
Ted19020
KC (if he can get some vacation time)
jboyles7
thebigkm
GS1
rlw162
Dave_J
n4vy0wnzj00
RonNagle1967
smeighan
ratroder
WhitePlainsNY
DrNiceGuy

Last edited:
I am going to list the Vendors that have graciously agreed to donate a prize for the Philly Mini raffle.

I would be more than happy to talk about the birth of DIYC, that is if anyone is interested. I will just leave out the boring parts about Lou.

Optos are easy. I know what they do. They turn on the lights, LOL :)

I should be able to bring a projector from work, provided they do not need it there, it may be hit or miss. If someone can secure one that would be better.

Laptop, no problem. Internet connection, that depends on the cellular coverage in the area. How is Verizon down there?

Oh yeah, count me in being there. You can confirm my attendance.

Lou, At this point I should be able to be there also. (just not sure of vacation schedule as of today).

Looking forward to the event!!!

If it's raining, could you stop by and pick me up on the way Dano? The last time you were here my car became useless in a rainstorm...

Jeff

I am going to try and attend this (since it is close to NJ) but will not promise anything just yet. Of course I will have all the new fun Seasonal Entertainment products with me. We also should have all the LED light strings in stock by than and can sell a few at a discounted price :). I already talked to Brian and will gladly help out with some door prizes and if I attend can bring all our fancy give-aways.

Are there any rules about selling products there? I can of course give a noticeable discount on come products there ;)

Greg

Greg,

I will discuss with Brian about selling stuff, personally I don't mind, but Brian is The Boss, and I do as he says!

Lou

No problem. If we can't...we can't. I can just hand out coupons for discounts on the site.

This should be informational and fun, not about causing any more headaches.

Greg

OK, well i am in, donation is fine, let me know that account. as for bringing, well i think i should sit still, shut up and listen, might bring duct tape in case i talk too much.

No problem. If we can't...we can't. I can just hand out coupons for discounts on the site.

This should be informational and fun, not about causing any more headaches.

Greg

Hi Greg,
Spoke with Brian, we are both ok with you selling.
See you there.
Lou

I should be there, I am goood for a projector, a laptop and Internet connectivitiy.

I can talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, electrical questions.....

I should be there, I am goood for a projector, a laptop and Internet connectivitiy.

I can talk/demo how to incorporate video into your display, dmx, lor, dumb pixels, xLights, electrical questions.....

Like the video demo and XLights.

HI my name is Ted and I'm a 72 year old newbee, I had a Gemmy light show display for two years, but no control over it. I live in Bensalem and I'm looking forward to meeting other people that like to make lights blink, so count me in.

Ted

HI my name is Ted and I'm a 72 year old newbee, I had a Gemmy light show display for two years, but no control over it. I live in Bensalem and I'm looking forward to meeting other people that like to make lights blink, so count me in.

Ted

Ted, Welcome to DIYC. You're one of the few DIYC members who's older than I am! You have joined a group of crazy people who love to celebrate our Lord's birth through animated Christmas lighting, and you will have a blast here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back