Philly Mini Thanks

cenote

Thank you Lou and Brian for getting this event/gathering together and pulling it off. Had a wonderful time and was great meeting some new folks. The door prizes were Very Very nice. Thank you all that donated to the mini. Glad there was only a few fights over the some of the products. :)

Chuck

Yes, Thanks to all the vendors and others who donated the prizes! And thanks to our forum host and mini host!

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I had a really good time. Thanks to the vendors they were some really great prizes!

Thank you Lou and Brian. Thank you to everyone who was there. It's always great to see the regulars and the new people. Thank you to Jack for the insight on many things. Thank you to Dirknirkle for the wonderful door prize. I could sit and talk lights for hours with you people. Can't wait to see you again. Thanks to Andy for riding along. It really does make it more fun when you've got the fellowship of like minded friends.

Jeff

EDIT: Very sorry Jack, I'm terrible with names. I never forget a face though!!!

Last edited:
A big thank you to all the vendors who donated great prizes, and to Lou and Brian for helping to make the mini happen. I still remain amazed at what a talented group of people are involved in this hobby with so many different creative ideas. It was great seeing some familiar faces as well as meeting new people. Look forward to next years event!

As one of the new people, it was really great to meet everyone and learn a lot about this hobby. Tahaks Lou and Brian for pulling it all together. Thanks also the the door prizes. Look forward to the next one. Thanks Chuck for the ride. Hope your wife enjoyed the pickles.

YES, Thank you to all the Venders and Brian and Lou! My son and I really enjoyed ourselves. My wife will not be happy now that there are two of us in the house wanting more lights and parts!

I had a great time learning about those neat little leds that change colors!

I hope everyone had fun. I know I did. It was great to see some old friends and make some new ones.

I hope everyone enjoys their raffle prizes. I will put up the list of winners later on tonight, I never unpacked the car yesterday.

Thanks to all who attended. I really appreciate your support. All of you make DIYC and the Philly Area Mini a success.

If anyone has any recommendations for next years mini please let Lou or I know. We always want to improve.

If anyone has any recommendations for next years mini please let Lou or I know. We always want to improve.

After talking with some of the newer people, I think we need to have a session where someone breaks the Technical Language down into simple terms. Talking at the end with Jack made the Pixels seem doable once you could understand the hardware.

Sorry I missed it, but a sinus infection did me in. Out sick from work today and tomorrow. Maybe if I'm sick next year, someone can throw this ole man in the back of a pickup truck and take him there. Any pictures of the event? I sure would like to see what I missed! How about pics of the doors prizes?

Gary

Talking at the end with Jack made the Pixels seem doable
Careful, talking with this individual will cause great knowledge which is than turned into adding more stuff which leads to spending more money. You've been warned :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm begining to dislike going to any gathering. I see people I like, I see some new and interesting ideas, I see some products I never have before and worse of all, I come home with new ideas on how I want to set up which leads to extra controllers which leads to extended build time for new elements. Time and cash which is lacking.

Thanks to Lou and Brian for setting up the meeting. It is always a great time to learn what the lateset trends are with this great group of people. Thanks to the vendors who suppilied all of the great prizes. Now if have to figure out how to use these pixels to light up my new Grinch wireframe.

My thanks to everyone there! I had a great time. Glad to see people I know and meet the newbies.

The raffle was good to me - Thank you HolidayCoro.com for the DMX controller and the RGB Flood Light Kit.

A special shout out to DanoNJ who helped me carry my tub of Jeff Millard's cast-offs to my van when leaving.

Chuck

A big thank you to Lou, Brian, and the vendors who donated the door prizes. It was nice seeing all the old-timers and meeting some of the newcomers. What I took away this time is that I don't have enough time to implement all that I learned...

-Roy

Back