Pic code?? SS16 Please help

ANGERMGT

probability a simple fix but I am in a bind.

I have a SS16 and a PX1 I am trying to get on the same 485 cable. I have my ss16 first on the network and then the PX1 next. The ss16 works at the 57k. Per the wiki thew PX1 only works on the 115k. I need to change the SS16 to 115K, so they both will work on the same 485.

I have Pickit 2. I can read the chips. Can someone point out where on the Pickit2 screen I need to change the SS16 from 57K to 115K?

Thanks!!

wondering how many pixels you will be running on the px1 at 115200 at 50 ms timing you can only do 191 total pixels 574 total channels so too have room too daisy chain your renard and px1 you have too have at the 186 pixels max on the px1 186pixelsx3=558 558+16=574channels

renard channels.gif

Only running 12 Pixifloods on the px1, to wash the house, so 32 channels for 12 10W floods.
Actually, 36 channels (12 x 3) for the pixafloods. You can run the PX-1's at 57,600, but you get twice as many pixels at the higher baud rate. The 115,200 is the default for the PX1, but either way, the baud rates need to match if they are daisy chained.

In using the program to program the PX1 it states it ir required to use the 115 baud rate. But I buess I could try to push the 57k and see if it takes it, Guess after messing with it for hours I missed that.

Can someone point out where on the Pickit2 screen I need to change the SS16 from 57K to 115K?
A step by step series of video on programming a pic for a renard controller http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=WayneJ's_video_series_on_PIC_programming

There are also PDFs available that walk you through the process. http://doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Beginners_Guide_To_Programming_A_PIC

In using the program to program the PX1 it states it ir required to use the 115 baud rate. But I buess I could try to push the 57k and see if it takes it, Guess after messing with it for hours I missed that.
The PX1 can be programmed at several of the standard rates including 57,600. The only downside is the number of pixels you can control, but in your case that is not an issue. http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Px1#Firmware

The easiest answer in you case would be to just use the px1 setup application listed in the wiki and set the px1 to 57,600.

Last edited:
Going to play with this tonight! Sometimes I get inundated and stop looking at different directions. Thanks again for the help.

Follow up. I cannot get the PX1 to work in 57600. I can get it to work with the 115200 configuring it with the Renard PX1 Config tool.

I need to change the Renard ss24 from 57600 to the 115200. I have PICkit 2 v2.62 I can read the Renard 57600 chip and save the .hex file.

Is there any instructions to edit the .hex file to the 115200 protocol speed? I also am running MPLAB IDE v8.91

This is the read file from pickit2 2. Can't I just make a change here to convert it to the 116 speed?

4bae5f95c5245700398dac6437902014.jpg

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Just a thought. I am looking at the PIC16F688 that controls 8 channels. There are 2 other smaller chips at the top of the board that could control the actual speed and not this chip?? Or is this the correct chip for determining the Baud rate?

What chip determins the Baud Rate?

U4 & U5 – ST485BN, RS232/RS485 Transmitter/ Receiver
U6 & U7 – PIC16F688 Microcontrollers

Last edited:
I could be wrong but i am pretty sure use just need to update the following line in the firmware to the baud rate you are going to use:

#define BAUDRATE 57600

You will need to recomplie and then write to the chip.

.asm file is here if you need it:
http://www.doityourselfchristmas.com/wiki/index.php?title=Renard_Firmware

The code in the 16F688 chip determines speed.
Much easier to use this asm file above or edit yours as stated above. ( #define BAUDRATE 115200)
Then "build all" using MPASM program or something other than PICkit2 programmer.
and then flash that hex you created.

anyone have the file they can email me or a 116 baud rate 16F688 chip they want to send me? LOL

Will look at downloading the MPASM, since I have the MPLAB IDE. Maybe that will help.

THANKS for the help..

All good. Was able to figure out the MPLAB and changed the baud rate to 115200. Set it all up and BAM it worked...

Thanks for all the help!!

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Back