pic/MPASMWIN problem

Xenia

Trying to program my first pic. I downloaded the Renard-20090915 firmware from wiki to a DIYC Firmware directory at the root level. I check the setting in notepad and save. When I run the assembler I get:

Error in parameter "Firmware\Renard-20090915.asm
Unrecognized error 32

I am using the PicKit2 and MPASMWIN v5.37 software that came with MPLAB. In James' video he is using version 5.20. There is a note in the error codes that this version is pickier (no pun intended) and will retrurn errors when the older software might not.

Found my own answer by finally trying the right search term "assembler". Anyway it seems that MPASMWIN did not like my directory named "DIYC Firmware" because of the space between DIYC and Firmware. Program must be dos based originally.

Im trying to do the same, program the start adress for my renardss 24. I am not having any luck I'm using a pickit2 with a ziff board. and am using the MPASMv5.20. I followed waynes videos step by step but keep getting errors haven't been able to get a hex file yet. It looked so simple in the video.

I just downloaded and installed mplab 8 a few weeks ago. You should still be able to find and use it. I tried X a few months back and it wanted too many changes to the source, it was just easier to use 8.

--Jon Chuchla--

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back