Pixel mini tree layout setup advice

XmasinVancouver

I plan on having 8 pixel mini trees lined up side by side in my display. What my issue is, is that I keep wavering on how many pixels I need minimum to do them justice (trying to see if I can save on some to use elsewhere), as well as whether I should just wrap randomly, or if it's worth running it zigzag on the front to be able to do location based fx (which just plain do not look right when vixen doesn't know where they are in 3d space). I can go as high as 50 per tree, which will likely be 18-24" tomato cage height, or perhaps as low as 25 pixels per tree. Last year, I wrapped all the way around the trees, and just flipped the pixels in the back to face the inside/front face. As only the front 180 degrees of the trees are viewable head on, I was thinking one way to cut down and stretch pixels would be to not wrap the backside. This is getting wayyyy too late in the season to be trying to decide this, so hoping for some experienced voices or even anybody really that may have some feedback or ideas on what works or doesn't

PS: 5v Ws2811 bullet pixels

google mini pixel trees and check out the images section. There are several examples shown there and you can pick one that you like best. You can see examples from about 14 to hundreds of pixels.

I don't have any mini trees but I am partial to the spiral trees and so what you did last year is basically that. With 8 trees, you will be in excellent shape for a nice display no matter what you do. Just do it at this point. Too late to delay your decisions or change your mind.

That's the beauty/curse of it....I'm not changing my mind...I'm undecided eeek... There's lots of beautiful looks, but I'm most curious if it's worth it to set them up for location based fx. Last year, I had dumb nodes, which limited their behavior to that of standard lighting but with the ability to change colors. With pixels, I'm wondering if I shouldn't take advantage of that individual control. The second most pressing thing, is how many are the minimum amount of pixels needed to do a mini tree "right". And yes, it's subjective. I'm just asking opinions here

Back