Pixel String Pihat Basic for Raspberry Pi pixel control

jeremy0203

My newest board is a Pihat for control of pixels using FPP. Standard 2 outputs, also has 2 power injection ports. Optional regulator for 12V users, RTC module and standoffs all of which are $1 each.

Available on my site, GetJBoards.com

1014906275.jpg

Al, my guess is the 4 fuses are for the "Standard 2 outputs, also has 2 power injection ports" :wink:

Jeremy, I'm looking forward to the PiZero version. We that be available soon?
:)

I’m also looking forward to the Pi Zero pixel controller board.
After looking at your board, I see mounting holes which seem to line up with the pi zero board. Is that correct?

Last edited:
Al, my guess is the 4 fuses are for the "Standard 2 outputs, also has 2 power injection ports" :wink:
Is there a program/application that will stop you from being able to do anything after a 36 hour programming session? I need that!

I see it now. Thanks.

I’m also looking forward to the Pi Zero pixel controller board.
After looking at your board, I see mounting holes which seem to line up with the pi zero board. Is that correct?

Here's a PiZero Hat I created for last year:

https://www.diychristmas.org/vb1/showthread.php?9391-Pi-Zero-Hat

I also have two other models--both are designed to fit into a small tube (aka PixelSticks). One if for 12V, and the other actually has the 12V->5V converter on-board that can be used to power 5V pixels (using 12V input).

Good question. Haven't tested it fully but I use one on my pi that I use for my show and it kept it over night and til the next evening once when I realized my pi was powered off.

Also since I put the header there for the RTC you can hook up an oled screen and use that new functionality in FPP if wanted.

53888963_2361625053867856_5747400002850783232_o.jpg

Jeremy,

Is there documentation for which pins you must connect for the pixel string pihat. My project involves a sparse matrix of leds (30mx50m), each row controlled by a zerow and your pihat. Additionally, I wanted to mount a Seeed 4 mic array (http://wiki.seeedstudio.com/ReSpeaker_4_Mic_Array_for_Raspberry_Pi/#hardware-overview) on each zero and use them to triangulate the noise in the space and indicate that location via the leds. Of course both hat have the female header already soldered. I think they Seeed uses GPIO12 and 13. It's possible I need to separate the noise detection from the LED control but I'd like to cut down on hardware. I'm prepared for a bit of hardware and/or software modifications. Any thoughts?

What controller do I use for the patching in Vixen V3 for this Pixel Pihat Zero? Is it an Streaming ACN (E1.31). I will eventually export the sequence to FPP for running the show.

Back