Pixel to pvc

wilmar

Wanted to share a clip I found and printed out to try and was really pleased the way they work so wanted to share if Anyone is looking for something like this .
My idea is to use pvc glue to attach each clip permanently at a 3” spacing then I can simply pop off lights for storage. Of course I had to try it in red too petg for durability.
c1b21b2f6d99445111f387ca68c17bab.jpg

d413bf40879b2de0706bb539ad461cd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, please design a clip for 1/2" PVC that will fit Pixabulbs (specifically, the green ones from Ray Wu). I need about...400-ish... :sweet:

Seriously, though, nice work! That has to be better than about 2000 zip ties.

Now, please design a clip for 1/2" PVC that will fit Pixabulbs (specifically, the green ones from Ray Wu). I need about...400-ish... :sweet:

Here is something that might inspire some other thoughts. I screw mounted some magnets to the base of the pixel bulb, then stuck them to the bottom of my gutters.
Did a mini 4th of July show using the magnet mounting. Works great. Note: in one area I didn't have gutters, so I added a metal bar to roof line in those spots.
IMG_6420m.jpg

Pixabulb.jpg

I can probably do that if you really want

Ok I have come up with 2 designs but I don’t have any pixel bulbs so I don’t know exact measurements if your interested
1 - simple cheap made from petg can be printed quickly . Glued to bottom of pixel bulb with choice of adhesive.
2466226c26cd8a47f4cca15fa82994b7.jpg

2- clips to pvc and clips to pixel bulb a bit more complex to print .
7519ccbdbe4e9506726b4a2be8f2eeec.jpg

If Ray’s Pixelbulbs are like DIYLEDEXPRESS’s, than they have a slight concave shape on the base, therefore glue may not be as strong as expected with a slight gap between Pixelbulb and clip.

First prototype lol
fef7eda44661f94cd197c8f4d428e505.jpg

I need to raise the holder a bit to allow more room for the wires but looks doable.

Thinking the
Pixabulb clip would be more universal if the wire could be the holding point. One on left and right. Not an artist, but here is a sketch. You almost have it with your latest if you call a couple bumps to hold the wire. The around pixabulb fit can be a little larger to fit batch run sizes

F30A0832-A58F-410B-83EB-6192E48DD13F.jpeg

Last edited:

a74a45a477fae84cf6786651df1e25f3.jpg

I have DIYLEDExpress pixelbulbs for my house outline. I just finished zip tying them to PVC. I now have just over 2k pixelbulbs ziptied to pvc. I would be more than interested in printing these. Have you uploaded them thingiverse yet? Also do you have any DIYLEDExpress pixelbulbs for specs?

I have DIYLEDExpress pixelbulbs for my house outline. I just finished zip tying them to PVC. I now have just over 2k pixelbulbs ziptied to pvc. I would be more than interested in printing these. Have you uploaded them thingiverse yet? Also do you have any DIYLEDExpress pixelbulbs for specs?

No I dont have any but if someone could get me all the measurements that may get me closer

Thinking the
Pixabulb clip would be more universal if the wire could be the holding point. One on left and right. Not an artist, but here is a sketch. You almost have it with your latest if you call a couple bumps to hold the wire. The around pixabulb fit can be a little larger to fit batch run sizes

View attachment 43039

Yea I made those but thought if clipped to the base it would be easier to line up the bulbs with only one pivot point vs 2 . But can do either way

No I dont have any but if someone could get me all the measurements that may get me closer

I could possibly get you the specs if you tell me what you need or I could even send you one from a cut strand if that would make it easier.

I have digital calipers if you want me to measure, just tell me what exactly you need and I will send you the measurements

I could possibly get you the specs if you tell me what you need or I could even send you one from a cut strand if that would make it easier.

I have digital calipers if you want me to measure, just tell me what exactly you need and I will send you the measurements

Would definitely be easier if I had one but
I’ll draw up a pic showing what measurements I need and send .

Thinking the

View attachment 43039

Ok picture wasn’t showing when I responded so I thought of something else ... yes you are right I like that idea not sure how it will print have to give it a try . Thanks

I did come up with a clip that comes with Kung fu grip , and so far worked on every string I have . Regular C9 , bullets,and square .
And by Kung fu grip I mean watch the clip
f929e820c83729a7cdd11a56bdbc1537.jpg

eca46d17a2e69b9402e399308faa161c.jpg

https://vimeo.com/437943811

I did come up with a clip that comes with Kung fu grip , and so far worked on every string I have . Regular C9 , bullets,and square .
And by Kung fu grip I mean watch the clip
f929e820c83729a7cdd11a56bdbc1537.jpg

eca46d17a2e69b9402e399308faa161c.jpg

https://vimeo.com/437943811

Could you upload that Kung Fu grip clips because that might work for my pixelbulbs as it could replace the zipties that are on each side of my wires and I could put those clips in place of zipties. I would definitely love to print those out and give them a try. Or if you could email me the .stl file I could dm you my email (if you wouldn't mind)

Back