Pixel to pvc

Thank you put it up on Thingiverse. Awesome little clip.
Do you think would hold up better to hot and cold PETG or ABS. I’m in NYC so our Xmas season is unpredictable as far as temps go.

Last edited:
I printed a few test Kung fu clips for my DIYLEDEXPRESS pixelbulbs, I think I would scrap the pixel bulb clip and just use these Kung fu clips. I printed 4 and attached them just like I did my zip ties and they work the same but allows me to move the pixels as needed. Last year my wife & I used around 1900 zip ties (that is a lot of clips I would have to print) especially since in used another 2000 again this year in adding more lights. But I’m just going to start printing these and used them were I need to remove the zip ties during tear down. I figure I will probably print about 500 or so and maybe even start to slowly replace my zip time as I think these will work the same but more easily removable and I can make adjustment without cutting them. I was able to get 30 on a build plate at 15% infill at 6:45 hours print time. The 15% infill seems to be pretty solid plus for all my gutter & roof clips I printed around 250 of these all at 15% in PETG put up from Nov - Jan in Indiana not a single one broke in put up or tear down.

I printed a few test Kung fu clips for my DIYLEDEXPRESS pixelbulbs, I think I would scrap the pixel bulb clip and just use these Kung fu clips. I printed 4 and attached them just like I did my zip ties and they work the same but allows me to move the pixels as needed. Last year my wife & I used around 1900 zip ties (that is a lot of clips I would have to print) especially since in used another 2000 again this year in adding more lights. But I’m just going to start printing these and used them were I need to remove the zip ties during tear down. I figure I will probably print about 500 or so and maybe even start to slowly replace my zip time as I think these will work the same but more easily removable and I can make adjustment without cutting them. I was able to get 30 on a build plate at 15% infill at 6:45 hours print time. The 15% infill seems to be pretty solid plus for all my gutter & roof clips I printed around 250 of these all at 15% in PETG put up from Nov - Jan in Indiana not a single one broke in put up or tear down.

That’s great I hope it works out for you I haven’t tried at a lower infil yet but I really like em I’m printing for myself aswell after last year so much time wasted zip tieing and then again cutting when done . I used a .8mm nozzle to print them a bit faster so far so good I only print 5 at a time on 3 machines right now so average about 15 every 45 min I think .
The other clips I couldn’t get to print anyway other than printing 2 prices and glueing them together as that’s just too much work for that many .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s great I hope it works out for you I haven’t tried at a lower infil yet but I really like em I’m printing for myself aswell after last year so much time wasted zip tieing and then again cutting when done . I used a .8mm nozzle to print them a bit faster so far so good I only print 5 at a time on 3 machines right now so average about 15 every 45 min I think .
The other clips I couldn’t get to print anyway other than printing 2 prices and glueing them together as that’s just too much work for that many .

Yeah I am really liking these clips, they are so much easier to adjust the spacing between the lights if the 4” spacing needs to be 3-3.5” to squeeze an extra bulb in the PVC sections. These work great. You should try a lower infill, like I said I did 15% and they fill extremely solid at 15% although I didn’t print them at 100% I was looking it through the slicer and it didn’t look like there was much to fill. However either way these are awesome

Yeah I am really liking these clips, they are so much easier to adjust the spacing between the lights if the 4” spacing needs to be 3-3.5” to squeeze an extra bulb in the PVC sections. These work great. You should try a lower infill, like I said I did 15% and they fill extremely solid at 15% although I didn’t print them at 100% I was looking it through the slicer and it didn’t look like there was much to fill. However either way these are awesome

Good to hear thank you

If you plan on using 2 per pixel you may be able to scale each one half as thick haven’t tried it yet printers are all full with snowflakes till tomorrow.
May save some filament and time .

Ok I think I’ve done it , figured a way to print the pixabulb clip in one piece . Forgive the print quality as I didn’t want to change nozzles for a test run so was printed with .8mm nozzle . I don’t have any pixabulbs but I used 3 wire to show how it fits in the grooves. Seems to be pretty solid .
9f0c70580a3fed0876a1b72119cbe02d.jpg

b408d2ab4db6049492b1f56e59d00900.jpg

8d07f63719c46f551d951a77dc6e8a67.jpg

Back