Pixels facing down vs facing street

Zingo

Looking to do permanent LED's on the house and was wondering what preference people had regarding the direction the pixel faces. I will preface that the street is 50-60 from my house, if that makes a difference.

Pixels are very directional. Pointing down they will wash whatever you have below them. A bit is seen from the "side" of the pixel (viewers forward of your house will still see them, not as bright as if they were pointed at them, but some really like the look.) Now, if you have diffusers on the pixels than this is nullified. The diffusers tend to make the viewing angle quite wide.

Pointing the pixels at your viewers will give them a sharp, almost pointed, view of the pixel.

Our pixels on our house are in tracks, actually pointed to the side. We get a great wash from them. In our case we wanted them to be "hidden" from the viewer and only the affect showing.

My inverted arches have the pixels facing down. My Eves have the pixels facing forward. To get them to balance, the arches run at 100% and the eves run at 40%. They look fine to me. :)

Back